• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coke and Pepsi with real sugar

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was aware of the kosher Cokes that use real cane sugar.

However, a friend told me that Pepsi, at least here, is selling 'throwback' Pepsi and Mountain Dew, also made with cane sugar.

Has anyone tried either, or have a good source?

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it tastes a little better and sweeter, not sure I would notice the difference unless I was looking for it.
When I was in SF a couple of summers ago everyone seemed to pay extra in Mexican restaurants to have coke imported from Mexico?! that used cane sugar rather than the corn syrup or whatever is normally used in the states.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the glass bottle Coke in Latin America appears to use real sugar.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Yeah, it tastes a little better and sweeter, not sure I would notice the difference unless I was looking for it.
When I was in SF a couple of summers ago everyone seemed to pay extra in Mexican restaurants to have coke imported from Mexico?! that used cane sugar rather than the corn syrup or whatever is normally used in the states.

Yes.

For those not aware, Coca-Cola (and everything else) used to use real sugar from sugar cane. Due, in part, to subsidies and import restrictions by the agricultural lobby, it's cheaper in the US to use high-fructose corn syrup as an 'artificial sweetener'. So all the major soft drinks switched to corn syrup instead of sugar (not sure when, 1970s or 80s?).

The exceptions are Cokes imported from Latin America, kosher Cokes in neighborhoods that sell those around Passover, and now, Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwbacks
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I'm going to buy both today.

I've also heard that corn syrup doesn't mix well with glass bottles. So your glass bottle drinks are more likely to have cane sugar in them? Don't know if that's true though.

albondiga

Reaction score
If you go to the Dr. Pepper factory in dublin texas you can get the original recipe with cane sugar.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Yeah the glass bottle Coke in Latin America appears to use real sugar.

Yes. and the coke tastes better.... i get the mexican coke bottles for when i make a cuba libre.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coca cola is for small timers, there's a cafe near me that sells all-organic caffeine free coke made in new zealand on environmently friendly facilities. Using real sugar, lemon concentrate for taste (adds an awesome after taste to it) and no artificial ingredients. Stuff is awesome Here's their website, they make other soft drinks too, with the same principles. http://www.phoenixorganics.co.nz/Home

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we are talking Coke/Pepsi alternatives... I used to drink some stuff called Dr.Browns.. i dont know if they still make that, but it was good tasting (cream soda).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, soda made outside of the U.S. is almost always with real sugar. And it tastes a ton better.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search... this thread has been done before. Sources (inc. online) for various sodas with real sugar are in the previous thread

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also Dr. Pepper Imperial Sugar, made in Waco, Texas. Available mostly around Passover.
drpDublinsugar.jpg

Tad Ferguson

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads