• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coke and Pepsi with real sugar

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I found the Pepsi and Mt Dew Throwbacks tonight.

They both taste the same as a regular one, but different
teacha.gif

They are smoother tasting.

I like the Pepsi Throwback better. I think I might prefer regular Mt Dew to the Throwback version.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
If you pour a Mountain Dew into a glass and a Mountain Dew Throwback into a glass the color is slightly different (very slight). Also, the throwback has smaller bubbles for a smoother mouth feel than regular Mountain Dew.

In terms of taste, texture, mouth feel etc soda sweetened with cane/beet sugar tends to be more enjoyable in my opinion.

While I like the Coca-Cola that is bottle in Mexico, its actually in violation of agreements between Coke Bottlers. For instance coke bottled in New York isn't sold in Tennessee. Each bottler has 'territory'... the Mexican bottlers who sell to distributors have no way of knowing were the coke ends up so its not their 'fault' but puts them in a bad spot, and has caused a lot of controversy.

Wal-mart had to stop carrying the Mexican botled Coke in order to avoid losing its contracts with local bottlers. A handful might still carry it, though I highly doubt it, as Coca-Cola= a ton of profit for Wal-Mart.

pepsico launched a product fairly recently 'pepsi natural' here in the US, and had 'pepsi raw' in the UK. Suprising to me the 'throwback' started in Mexico and was 'pepsi vintage' IIRC. There is a forum I joined just this week actually bevnet (google it, i can't remember the site) that has a ton of info on beverages.

Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
While I like the Coca-Cola that is bottle in Mexico, its actually in violation of agreements between Coke Bottlers. For instance coke bottled in New York isn't sold in Tennessee. Each bottler has 'territory'... the Mexican bottlers who sell to distributors have no way of knowing were the coke ends up so its not their 'fault' but puts them in a bad spot, and has caused a lot of controversy.
This sounds like a "Smokey and The Bandit" situation that could be brewing. Anyone have a tractor and trailer? Find me a 77 Trans Am and I'll drive blocker. 10-4 good buddy!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
sugar cane cola is the creme de la creme of sodas.

Do you mean Cane Cola?

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Cricket Cola. It, of course, uses cane sugar - but it gets its flavor from real kola nuts and the caffeine from green tea. It's the best cola I've ever had, and I'm a Coke lover.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bought the dew and the pepsi today.

tried a dew and it was good (although I feel like it has been a long time since I had a normal can of dew). Will try the pepsi later.

Making some mangarita's tonight with the dew (from the "lost art of being a man" series of books)
Pour one can of frozen limeade concentrate into blender
add can of moutain dew
refill limeade container with tequila and pour in
top off with ice and blend

ghetto as **** but turns out very nice for the ingredients involved and the simplicity (if I make a real margarita, it won't be blended either)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Throwback coke was good but it had nearly 70g of sugar in the bottle. I cant drink that without feeling like ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads