• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coke and Pepsi with real sugar

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Boylan's Cola is incredible if you can find it.

sugar cane cola is the creme de la creme of sodas.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh, fine.

Originally Posted by Brian278
...says the guy who smokes and has done steroids. Can't we all have our vices?
confused.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike
Picked up a case of the Pepsi Throwback. I like it. Its different without being "different". I haven't tried the Mountain Dew Throwback but am interest. I've heard that its just for a limited time, but I wish it would stay because I think the natural sugar pepsi tastes better.

Rumor I heard was till June 15th.

I'm sure if they blow out some sales numbers they will ditch all those alternative color Mountain Dews (purple, orange, etc) and switch Throwback into it's place. Not sure if Pepsi has a lame-selling version or not that could be rotated out of the line.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am ready to go buy some of this ****...I hear the south loop target has it (maybe my grocery down the street too)

I will have to start drinking mountain dew again for a little while

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I actually like the HFCS versions better.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
For those not aware, Coca-Cola (and everything else) used to use real sugar from sugar cane. Due, in part, to subsidies and import restrictions by the agricultural lobby, it's cheaper in the US to use high-fructose corn syrup as an 'artificial sweetener'. So all the major soft drinks switched to corn syrup instead of sugar (not sure when, 1970s or 80s?).

They do still use sugar in all of them, but it's blended with HFCS. They then adjust the blend between sugar and HFCS dependent on commodity availability and cost.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the store and they had sold out already
censored.gif

zorglubb

Reaction score
also the cane sugar is alot healthier than High-fructose corn syrup, many belive it is the main reason why so many in the us are overweight

If you want to taste the best coke in the world then come to Iceland

Beta

Reaction score
FWIW the real sugar coke is more widely distributed to the southwest due to the hispanic population, your best bet for finding it is in the bodegas if you aren't in the SW.

-former employee

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
If we are talking Coke/Pepsi alternatives... I used to drink some stuff called Dr.Browns.. i dont know if they still make that, but it was good tasting (cream soda).
Doc Broiwns is around here for 1 dollar for a two liter bottle for the cream and black cherry in both regular and diet versions.
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
what do jewish holidays have to do with real sugar? i fail to see the connection.
For various Rabbinic reasons corn and derivatives are prohibited to Jews of Ahskenazic descent (based on custom) during the Passover holiday. Therefore to get the Jewish market Coke produces a run with Sugar instead of the usual corn syrup around the Passover holidays.

ed1066

Reaction score
I had a Coke with real sugar in Brazil and it was pretty good. I don't usually drink any kind of regular soda, but once in a while I have a regular Coke or Pepsi. The stuff in Brazil was good, and was served in a glass bottle on which was printed that it was bottled in Brazil. I suspect sugar is very cheap in Brazil, and that's why they use it instead of corn syrup. Anyway, I only had one, why the hell drink Coke when the Caipirinhas were the same price?

summej2

Reaction score
Eating dinner in Spain at smaller neighborhood restaurants (Sal Gorda, Madrid
bounce2.gif
), it's common to have the after-dinner drinks go something like: digestifs, followed by cane-sugar Coke (brought out like wine and served in chilled highball glasses), followed by mixed drinks or scotch. I'll never forget seeing the label on a bottle of Coke displayed.

Sergio_C

Reaction score
coke made with real sugar is great. it doesnt leave that sticky sort of feeling in your mouth

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads