• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
All it took was $20 and an hour, fixed that **** myself. Microsoft still sucks tho.

why didn't you call the bastards and complain? I think they still ship boxes to your house and send you a refurb. (this is because I'm not a tech-wise person lol )

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
That sounds like a good secondary weapon, I'm trying to max out the Stinger challenge. 250 helicopters is a pain, especially Pave-Lows and Apaches since those and the AC-130 gun ships have anti-missiles defense. (Long way of saying I don't have a good ground secondary weapon) I'm using the Cold-Blooded, Sitrep (not too bad actually) and Bling as my perks, just until I unlock everything I want to before doing the dreaded "P" word.
Hah yeah, I hear you. One of my first MW2 experiences was getting rocked by a dude with AA-12 w/ Extended Mags...so I've worked towards that ever since. 10 shots from an AA-12 can be powerful, esp since it one-shots ppl and the gun is auto. When I go Prestige I'll abuse that for a while so future leveling becomes easier. Is the Stinger the one with the white crosshairs and the green light? I thought it circumvented flares bc it strikes from above?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Hah yeah, I hear you. One of my first MW2 experiences was getting rocked by a dude with AA-12 w/ Extended Mags...so I've worked towards that ever since. 10 shots from an AA-12 can be powerful, esp since it one-shots ppl and the gun is auto. When I go Prestige I'll abuse that for a while so future leveling becomes easier.

Is the Stinger the one with the white crosshairs and the green light? I thought it circumvented flares bc it strikes from above?

That's the Javelin, the Stinger is a Fire & Forget missile system too and I think better than the Javelin as you get two missile instead of the Javelin's one. I usually snipe on "Rundown" and I use the Javeliln in random directions when I can't find anyone to shoot. Sometimes I get double and triple kills with that thing.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
why didn't you call the bastards and complain? I think they still ship boxes to your house and send you a refurb. (this is because I'm not a tech-wise person lol )

I believe the special extended warranty only lasted 3years. My system hit that mark on Oct. And I never got a refurb, they "fixed" my original.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
I believe the special extended warranty only lasted 3years. My system hit that mark on Oct. And I never got a refurb, they "fixed" my original.

ahhh. This means I must steal the serial # off of an unsuspecting person now...
marchal.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Javelin, the Stinger is a Fire & Forget missile system too and I think better than the Javelin as you get two missile instead of the Javelin's one. I usually snipe on "Rundown" and I use the Javeliln in random directions when I can't find anyone to shoot. Sometimes I get double and triple kills with that thing.

Do you use Scavenger when you snipe? If you do, that might make a Javelin worthwhile.

In other words: the Stinger challenge is a pain...
laugh.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you use Scavenger when you snipe? If you do, that might make a Javelin worthwhile.

In other words: the Stinger challenge is a pain...
laugh.gif

Yeah, I do use Scavenger, the only problem with that is if you need a second missile quickly you need to hope you luck into find one. I've got 157 HC shot down and the limit if 250 so hopefully I'll be done soon, I'm really looking to get most the the call signs and emblems. I can't wait to get the call sign for Sitrep. That and One Man Army are my last two perks I need to max out on.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the emblems/signs...you like One Man Army at all?

I never use it, but you really don't have to to complete the challenge. You just need to get kills with it equipted as a perk. It does come in handy if you run out of bullets like I used to do when using that useless Scar-H.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never use it, but you really don't have to to complete the challenge. You just need to get kills with it equipted as a perk. It does come in handy if you run out of bullets like I used to do when using that useless Scar-H.

Hmm...am I missing something? Is this the same Scar-H with a great iron sight, decent power and accuracy?
fight[1].gif

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Scar-H can be frustrating when your in a longer than usual firefight, hell any gun with low ammo capacity causes me to turn off my mic so I can cry like a *****.

One man army + tactical insertion is the only time I use either. For example High Rise, get on the roof, use tactical insertion, switch to my sniper class and camp. My sniper class also has one man army just incase I run out of ammo.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People don't talk enough in this game. Also, there are a lot of low ranks from newbs who just got this game for Christmas.
It's not even talking (I'd only end up yelling at ****** players), I mean... 1.) A smart player would've flanked 2.) A decent player would lob grenades first before rushing in 3.) A person with a brain would stop running into shotgun bullets after the 3rd or 4th time I'm not sure what's below that but they were definitely my teammates. Also, am I the only one who has never gotten the red ring of death? I guess I'm lucky... EDIT: cod mythbustersWow, banana leaves.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm at about level 26 on Prestige 1. My friend just started on Prestige 2, didn't get anything for going to the 2nd round of Prestige.

As I see it, there's really no point in going past level 70 on Prestige 1. You get an extra class for getting to Prestige 1, but nothing for Prestige 2. I really don't want to have to unlock everything again.

It's taking forever having to unlock everything again for my primary. The 40 bullet penetration kills while using FMJ was a ***** to get the first time around. I'm liking the SCAR better than the ACR this time around. I'm thinking SCAR + extended mags > ACR.

The M1014 shotgun + extended mags is ace.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do prestige until I max out. I don't care about losing all the guns and stuff, because the only gun I use is the SCAR, and it's unlocked at level 20.

Also I got my longest kill streak yet this weekend: 24 kills

I also got 2 head shots with 1 bullet.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads