• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Can't you basically use the TAR-21 for the same effect?
I'd say no. First I thought it's better due to higher rate of fire and bigger capacity but it happens quite often that you only 'hurt' a running enemy with 1 bullet missing to the kill. The SCAR-H is better.

I went from SCAR-H to M16 (burst just doesn't cut it in close quarter) to ACR. Now I'm undecided between SCAR-H and ACR.

I'm also undecided between using ACOG + Silencer due to Bling or only the Silencer with Sleight as a perk.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SCAR + holographic sight + heartbeat sensor + stopping power = win

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CR+holographic+FMJ is pretty tough to beat. Shotgun as secondary. SCAR-H falls short because of recoil.

Ninja+Bling+Cold Blooded

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why my 3rd perk is steady aim, though honestly I don't find recoil to be a big issue either way.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
That's why my 3rd perk is steady aim, though honestly I don't find recoil to be a big issue either way.

Steady aim is only useful when running and gunning, correct?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you basically use the TAR-21 for the same effect?
SCAR iron sights >> TAR iron sights. Even if you use Silencer + Dot/Holo (via Bling), the TAR Dot is terrible since it obstructs your vision. If I recall correctly, the TAR's also less accurate (not sure though).
Originally Posted by whnay.
Steady aim is only useful when running and gunning, correct?
Shooting from the hip, yeah. You can mitigate SCAR's recoil easily (small bursts of shots), and SCAR's power means you only need to connect a few times for a kill. If you're close in with the SCAR, though...that's a losing proposition. Just carry a shotgun and switch to that.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F that s. I have the "Blademaster" title for a reason.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
F that s. I have the "Blademaster" title for a reason.

Love me some melee. I use Commando Pro wherever it makes sense (ie anywhere except for sniping).

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commando Pro is awesome. Nothing like being on top of a building, seeing some dude below you, and dropping down like 4 stories and knifing him before you even hit the ground.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Commando Pro is awesome. Nothing like being on top of a building, seeing some dude below you, and dropping down like 4 stories and knifing him before you even hit the ground.

Commando & cold blooded are the only perks that actually get better when they go pro.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commando & cold blooded are the only perks that actually get better when they go pro.

Forgot about Sleight Pro.

RedScarf7

Reaction score

Ninja Pro is hugely advantageous in search and destroy. Silent footsteps, FTW!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again, if you're not shooting down enemy UAVs then you're doing it wrong. I can't even count how many times I've been at a 10 kill streak, waiting for my ac130 and BAM, enemy UAV and I get shot by some guy across the map.
facepalm.gif
EDIT: Does anyone else think that the HUD needs a killstreak counter? Usually I keep a mental note but sometimes I lose track when my harrier jet is bombing people, shooting them, I'm shooting them, throwing grenades, etc. Nothing fancy, but a small number in the corner that lets you know. Also, funny story, was on Wasteland when the enemy team called in a harrier. No biggie, pulled out my stinger and shot at it. Right as I did though, they also called in a pavelow and as my stinger missile hit the harrier the resulting explosion took out the pavelow too which just happened to be nearby. It took me a moment to realize what happened but it was AWESOME.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knife only nuke (no other kill streak rewards besides nuke are used).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Knife only nuke (no other kill streak rewards besides nuke are used).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

worship.gif
I'm really glad that he talked and explain how he was playing during the video. To anyone who says CoD has no strategy/is having difficulty with strategy, THIS. Seriously, just basic concepts of flanking, map awareness, map control, listening, etc. Just even by paying attention to these little details gives you a HUGE advantage over all the lame n00bs who think it's only about running around and shooting randomly. This player is good because he's SMART. I'm also pretty happy that a lot of stuff he talked about were things I've mused over in my head before, so now I know at least I'm not insane for thinking too much about the games depth. EDIT: His tutorial videos are great. They cover a lot of basic strategies and even I've gotten a few ideas from him. As anyone can see, he's not the best shot and he makes mistakes but ultimately it's the way he plays, how he moves, the way he thinks, etc that make him a good player. People who have trouble with this game need to watch this ****. Also is it just me or are the people he's playing against *really* bad? Xbox live players are pretty bad too, but every now and then you get a couple decent folk or even some good players in a game against you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads