• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

2doubleu

Reaction score

So I got the MIA Harris Tweed blazer, and I'm a little torn on it, because it seems a little too cropped. But my wife likes it, so I'm kinda torn on whether to keep it or not.

I also picked one these up during the last sale - and am noticing the same thing. I thought it was just me but overall it's about 1 inch shorter in length then the MIA cashmere SC from past season. While the colour tones, texture all seem on point - I think I'm going to send back as the fit just seems a tad off.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, I'm returning it tomorrow, as alterations on making my other sportcoats fit close to perfect is costs the same as adding a sportcoat I'm not that excited about.

I have that chocolate check cashmere MIA and the fit was really amazing, just the sleeves had to be lengthened a bit.

Oh well.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their MIA shirts? I am wondering whether their size is similar to their slim fit and if the fabrics are significantly better.

boxdok

Reaction score
I have a Made in USA chambray and i have also tried on there oxford and yes the fabric is significantly better and they use better quality buttons , the fit is similiar to the slim fit shirts for those items. A few months ago I bought there made in USA brown Paisley shirt in my normal size Large and it fit like a slim medium. So I'm guessing maybe the patterned made in USA shirts fit different from their solid oxford made in USA shirts.

Jackboot

Reaction score

When you say slim is it similar to Davis??

I've been wanting to take some measurements for my own reference anyway, so here you go:

I just compared a pair of Davis chinos with a pair of USA suit pants, both size 29.

Davis chinos tagged size 29 waist measures 32" (3 inches larger than tagged).
Davis chinos tagged size 30 waist measures 33" (3 inches larger than tagged).
The USA suit pant tagged size 29 waist measures 31" (2 inches larger than tagged).
The Grant suit pant tagged size 30 waist measures 32" (2 inches larger than tagged).

The moral of the story is that the waist sizing of the Davis fit and Grant/USA suit fits are NOT the same; Davis is 3" larger than tagged whereas Grant & USA suit pants are 2" larger than tagged.

When I compare the Davis chinos in size 29 to the USA suit pants size 29, the legs on the suit pants range from approximately 0.25" to 0.5" larger when laid flat (or 0.5" to 1" larger in the leg when worn). This is as it should be - I don't believe you would want the suit pants fitting as slim as the chinos.

Hope that helps.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input. I'm 30 in cm so guessing those would fit. but looking at it the pants do seem dressier. was looking for a pair of moleskin pants...

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 3 shirts online for Boxing day. Button downs. They got delivered today so I'm excited to see them when I get home.

Prices were $20, $24, and $34 respectively.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really happy with the shirts. Medium slim fit fits me perfectly:

1. Linen blue gingham button down shirt. Regular price $100 I got it for $20. Cloth is substantial.

2. White with navy stripes and dots button down shirt. Regular price $90 I got it for $34.

3. Blue with mini floral pattern button down shirt. Regular price $90 I got it for $24.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really happy with the shirts. Medium slim fit fits me perfectly:

1. Linen blue gingham button down shirt. Regular price $100 I got it for $20. Cloth is substantial.

2. White with navy stripes and dots button down shirt. Regular price $90 I got it for $34.

3. Blue with mini floral pattern button down shirt. Regular price $90 I got it for $24.

Nice finds.

I picked up the Reigning Champ Raglan Crew for $60, retail $155, and Ebates was giving back 8% or something, so pretty happy with that. Keeping an eye out for the Hybrid hoodie, though other places in Toronto have it for lower, hoping that CM can get even lower when it eventually goes on sale.

Hiamosey

Reaction score
I have a Made in USA chambray and i have also tried on there oxford and yes the fabric is significantly better and they use better quality buttons , the fit is similiar to the slim fit shirts for those items. A few months ago I bought there made in USA brown Paisley shirt in my normal size Large and it fit like a slim medium. So I'm guessing maybe the patterned made in USA shirts fit different from their solid oxford made in USA shirts.
Mind providing your measurements? I have no experience with CM and I'm thinking about picking up a couple MIA oxfords but I can't return em and I'm unsure on Med or Large.

boxdok

Reaction score
I'm 6'3 185. I wear a 42L in club Monaco grant suits and Ludlow suits. I'm pretty slim and I have pretty narrow shoulders so if you have broad shoulders you may need may need Large.

Jackboot

Reaction score
@clarksdb: those linen gingham shirts were never sold at full price as far as I could tell. They went straight to the super cheap sale price at the end of summer. Odd timing. They are really nice quality for the money. I bought both colors.

I bought a bunch of stuff during the most recent sales. Lots of good deals. I bought a pile of wool sweaters/cardigans/v-neck and a bunch of long-sleeve button-downs.

I wish CM would sell more of their Sri Lankan made shirts - the fabric and quality is really good and quite a bit better than their Chinese stuff. Also, I've noticed that most of the best looking shirts seem to be made in Sri Lanka.

I was very disappointed with a suit I purchased - a Grant fit in navy Hopsack. It is the first CM suit that I've purchased that is made in China rather than Turkey. The quality was noticeably worse on the Chinese suit. I returned it. I hope they aren't shifting their suit production to China, because if they are I won't be buying any more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads