• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing for small guy

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Another good way to gain 20lbs quickly is to get an X-vest and wear it loaded with 20 lbs.

I did this and still only gained 15!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe that my job here is done.

Oh, in Europe, mayo is known as the "Belgian Bulker."

- B

Oh, on SoCal, mayo is known as the "Lube".

Edmorel is forbidden from using or acting on this sentence.

T4phage as well.

- B

I just found this threak and was about to comment on that post
frown.gif

enginerd917

Reaction score
I don't feel like reading through all of this , but stop using shakes and start relying on real food. Stuff your face until you feel sick several times a day.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 76white02
New guy here.

I'm Zach. I am 22 and very small
confused.gif
I am about 5'6' and weigh about 113 lbs. My body doesn't process protein properly and my metobolism is through the roof. I have an incredibly hard time shopping. I am very fashion concious and like to look good. I like my clothing to be form fitting.

Jeans are an absolute nightmare. I have found that basically the only jeans that fit me are levi 511 skinny. (but fit more like a straight leg than a skinny.) Pretty much the only store I can buy shirts from is American Apparel. I like their stuff but one can only have so many solid color shirts. When I was in NYC this past summer I also stumbled upon Topman on accident and bought 2 dress shirts that fit me well being XS.

I taught myself to roughly take in tee shirts with my sewing machine. Whenever target has shirts for 2.99 or 3.99 I buy a few and sew them in. While they don't fit totally to my liking they are a heck of a lot better.

I am growing more and more unhappy. I am lacking a lot of confidence with myself. I want to start feeling better. I have tried gaining weight and it just doesn't work. I have 3 protein shakes a day at about 65g each and have not put on a single pound.

Anyway. What are some online stores that I can seek out? I am ready to just go on a shopping spree. I have been searching around and found yesstyle.com but am utterly confused about the sizing. Would their M be more like an US XS?

Thanks!

Man I'm telling you again, go here for real advice on sizing, which brands fit better, where to find them, etc. Keep hanging around here and the best advice you'll get is for people to tell you to shop the boys section of BB
facepalm.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the **** is everyone suggesting he change his body, god ******* damnit this thread is fail. Please ignore all the suggestion to gain weight, from your pics it looks that you are in normal shape, you don't need to change your body to fit clothes better. You will do good to look for higher end clothing, as it's more tailored for slim people, many mall brands are notorious for tailoring for the average regular to slightly chubby male. Find yourself a good tailor too and your length issues will be solved (though ideally tailoring should be kept to a minimum). Japanese brands are also loaded with small sizes because of them generally being smaller. Maybe when you are more experienced with fit, if you arm yourself with a measuring tape and a good proxy such as Hedi San from SharpService (google) and peruse the Yahoo! Auctions Japan website, you can find a lot of great stuf that will fit you. I am smaller than you and pretty much have to rely on a tailor and being super careful with my clothing purchases, but even at my height and weight (5'2", 110 pounds), I still somehow manage, so I'm sure you won't have any issue. Good luck and welcome to StyleForum
smile.gif

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Why the **** is everyone suggesting he change his body, god ******* damnit this thread is fail. Please ignore all the suggestion to gain weight, from your pics it looks that you are in normal shape, you don't need to change your body to fit clothes better.

You will do good to look for higher end clothing, as it's more tailored for slim people, many mall brands are notorious for tailoring for the average regular to slightly chubby male. Find yourself a good tailor too and your length issues will be solved (though ideally tailoring should be kept to a minimum).

Japanese brands are also loaded with small sizes because of them generally being smaller. Maybe when you are more experienced with fit, if you arm yourself with a measuring tape and a good proxy such as Hedi San from SharpService (google) and peruse the Yahoo! Auctions Japan website, you can find a lot of great stuf that will fit you.

I am smaller than you and pretty much have to rely on a tailor and being super careful with my clothing purchases, but even at my height and weight (5'2", 110 pounds), I still somehow manage, so I'm sure you won't have any issue.

Good luck and welcome to StyleForum
smile.gif

Now that I think of it, 5'2 110lb is kind of chunky...

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@76white02, Japanese brands are for you!
Plan a trip to Tokyo if you can.

kapay

Reaction score
It's nice to hear a lot more people than I thought have a similar problem to me. I'm 5'4 118-123 lbs.

This tip is pretty exclusive to button up dress shirts. If you're looking for an off the rack brand I found only ONE dress shirt has fit me well and that is an XS slim fit shirt from Express Men. Word of warning though, their neck size is suspect. It always seems like it's half an inch bigger than it should be. However the rest of it fits stunningly well for a skinny guy. Aside from that, follow some other peoples' advice and find a brand that sells XS and a good tailor. I currently also bought 2 J. Crew shirts that are a bit baggy around the waist but fits perfect around the neck (13.5 inches) so I plan on taking them to a reputable tailor along with my Express shirt and ask them to replicate that fit around the body of the shirt.

Good luck and keep shopping. The only other option is bespoke clothing. When you said you were 113 lbs I expected you to look unhealthily skinny but you look just fine. But from a guy who reached 128 lbs at one point it's really hard work for us. One other guy said to basically eat until you feel like puking and that's almost true. It sounds unhealthy but as long as you're not actually puking you'll be fine. Eat real food and don't worry too much about it having to be a clean diet just yet. Lay off the protein shakes. If you really want a supplement look into a weight gainer (yes, there's a difference). And add at least one meal to your day. Try eating every 3 hours, It's actually healthier for a person to eat 5 meals a day. i.e. 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm 5 pm 8 pm. However if you're happy then more power to you. You look great as it is and a great girlfriend by your side.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'6 - 113lb is not "normal", unless you are a horse jockey. it is on the thinner side, all doctors will tell you that.

tight fittin mall brands: h&m, express, uniqlo

if you want other brands -- generally for nicer clothing -- to fit well, befriend a tailor. i have to take certain items to get altered too (picked up 3 shirts today) and i'm 5'10 fluctuating between 150-155lb raw depending on when i last shat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads