• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

kaspal

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need some accurate information on what size to get and how these tend to fit. I have small feet (US 6.5 AU/UK 5.5.) so it’s really hard to find sizes. I managed to find a pair of beeswax DBs at 6.5 US, although the length wasn’t bad, it fit quite loose – I could pull my foot out with the laces tied. There was significant heel lift and the back end of the shoe was pretty loose. I’m not sure whether this is how it’s supposed to be or whether I should size down.

I’m in Australia so I’ll need to order them online therefore it’s a bit of a risk for me – it’s not economical to return internationally! Even considering the women’s version, anyone know if these are the same?

kjv

Reaction score

Hey guys,
I need some accurate information on what size to get and how these tend to fit. I have small feet (US 6.5   AU/UK 5.5.) so it’s really hard to find sizes. I managed to find a pair of beeswax DBs at 6.5 US, although the length wasn’t bad, it fit quite loose – I could pull my foot out with the laces tied. There was significant heel lift and the back end of the shoe was pretty loose. I’m not sure whether this is how it’s supposed to be or whether I should size down.

I’m in Australia so I’ll need to order them online therefore it’s a bit of a risk for me – it’s not economical to return internationally! Even considering the women’s version, anyone know if these are the same?

Can't comment on mens vs womens but personally I size down 1 in dbs and wallys. At the very least, it's generally a good idea to size down half a size w clarks ime.

kaspal

Reaction score
Can't comment on mens vs womens but personally I size down 1 in dbs and wallys. At the very least, it's generally a good idea to size down half a size w clarks ime.

I was thinking about this, as US 6 will be the smallest they have (and only a limited range). When I tried the 6.5s I just fit an index finger at the heel and it was a bit of a squeeze, so I'm a bit concerned it will be too tight. Just need to make sure as I have no way to try these on in Aus!

kjv

Reaction score
Idk whereabouts you are but have you checked hype? They don't seem to list anything online but normally they stock some clarks. Hard to say what size to get but keep in mind they'll loosen up a bit over time. For reference, I wear 9-9.5 in runners, 8.5 in weavers and 8 in dbs and wallabees.

kaspal

Reaction score
Idk whereabouts you are but have you checked hype? They don't seem to list anything online but normally they stock some clarks. Hard to say what size to get but keep in mind they'll loosen up a bit over time. For reference, I wear 9-9.5 in runners, 8.5 in weavers and 8 in dbs and wallabees.

I'm in Perth and have checked them yeah... the guy at hype said it's a boot they usually sell in winter. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

xhey2005x

Reaction score
Trying this again. (Mobile phone)
I have a pair of Clark's desert boots that I like in beeswax leather. I noticed the sole is not the crepe style most other Clark's desert boots come in. Does anybody know what my version is called or where I might find one similar? I like the style on these a lot more. I received it as a gift from my grandmother and I can't ask her because she has passed away a year ago. I do have a pair of wine leather desert boots with the crepe sole but I like this sole a lot more. Thanks everybody.

xhey2005x

Reaction score

Trying this again. (Mobile phone)
I have a pair of Clark's desert boots that I like in beeswax leather. I noticed the sole is not the crepe style most other Clark's desert boots come in. Does anybody know what my version is called or where I might find one similar? I like the style on these a lot more. I received it as a gift from my grandmother and I can't ask her because she has passed away a year ago. I do have a pair of wine leather desert boots with the crepe sole but I like this sole a lot more. Thanks everybody.

Sorry, wouldn't let me attach multiple pics on my phone. Here is a side view.

Newberry

Reaction score

Desert London Shoes or Bushacre Boots. Both cost the same. Not sure which one to get. Which of the 2 do u guys think would be the better buy?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't believe the pair of Clark's I scored guys. I really had no idea what I had found when I bought these. When they arrived from eBay I was baffled by how nice the leather was, it's far superior to any cdb I have owned or seen. After some research I discovered they are a limited run from 2013 made out of Horween leather! They are stunning in person. Love the burgundy tint.

That color is really attractive.

Anything currently out that approximates this?

Bizjak

Reaction score
OK, a few questions:

Do the bushacres have the exact same sizing as the original desert boots?
Is it even worth getting the bushacres, since I read a lot of stories of the sole coming unglued from the leather in parts?
How long until the crepe sole on the original desert boots is shot? I'm not too fond of the idea of spending a hundred bucks on a shoe that I will have to resole after one year.

matthewh

Reaction score
OK, a few questions:

Do the bushacres have the exact same sizing as the original desert boots?
Is it even worth getting the bushacres, since I read a lot of stories of the sole coming unglued from the leather in parts?
How long until the crepe sole on the original desert boots is shot? I'm not too fond of the idea of spending a hundred bucks on a shoe that I will have to resole after one year.

I think they are pretty close on sizing. I prefer the sole on the bushacre. It feels more planted when walking, its easier to clean, doesn't pick up debris like the crepe and it grips better when wet. I haven't had any structural issues / failures with my bushacres. However, there's still something really classic and great about the look of the ODB with the crepe sole. As others have noted too, the quality of the uppers is better on the ODB. The biggest issue for me is that both are pretty uncomfortable. They apparently work well for some but I need to add an insole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads