• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

sjnv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Yeah my sand clarks are probably the pair I wear most with my jeans. Brand new, raw denim. It'll run a little bit, but not too much. I'm telling you a lot right now, wear them. They darken up a look a lot better (IMO). But with the denim running, it's not too bad, and once they start getting dirty the little bleeding that happens will just blend in.
Cool thanks for the inspiration. I'll do it now that my order for beeswax got canceled!

kleny

Reaction score
which color pair is good for dark khakis/British khaki? ive been hearing great things about the beeswax but how about the brown suede or brown?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this is weird. I went to the Clark's store in Austin and saw the beeswax dbs. The ones on display were the darkish color I see online and in everyone's pics, but when they brought the size 9s out for me they were a lighter, natural color that contrasted much better with jeans. The salesman said the ones on display had already been oiled. I decided I needed a 9.5, which they didn't have, so they shipped a pair to my house. The pair arrived today and it's the darkish color. I called the store and he said the branch they came from must have oiled them before shipping, which is weird b/c they still have the plastic on the bottom. They are ordering me another pair straight from the factory b/c I want the lighter color. I thought people here would be interested in that. I'll post a pic when I get them.

P.S. If I could get them to look like the above pic I would oil them. Anyway to find out what the owner used on those?

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
So I have been searching everywhere for the light grey suede DBs, does anyone know if they still exist? It seems that they have been replaced by the darker "smoke grey."

If anyone has a pair and wants to trade for Beeswax in 9, check my sig.

tizim

Reaction score
I asked this earlier in the thread to no avail
frown.gif
. I also searched all 32 pages here and all pages in the sufu Clarks thread, and it seems no one has talked about it either (which is surprising since it seems like it would be a common concern).

Anyway, how do you guys clean your beeswax DB?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
Got a brand new pair of grey suede for around $50

Nice price. How'd you manage that?

I think the grey suede DBs rock. They get better looking with age and wear, too. I like seeing how they work against different colors of pants. They're great with jeans and khakis.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i wear my sand suede with everything. i was at first really scared to get them dirty but they DEFINITELY build character after wearing them. they get their own color and feel.

i used to have beeswax as well which also aged beautifully.

however in terms of what is the best color and what cna you wear most with, my vote is definitely sand suede. i always had trouble wearing shoes with my black raw apcs and sand suede works totally. plus any other jeans you can think of. AND for spring!!!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The grey suede you guys are looking for is the dark one right? Closer to charcoal or black than light grey?

JGP.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
Can anyone post some pics of some sand suede DBs that have gotten some wear?

THis would be great. I am really interested in the sand suede db's but I would love to see a worn in pair with some denim.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
Got a brand new pair of grey suede for around $50

Where did you cop?

And also, I am more interested in the lighter grey suede. I've heard they are discontinued now for the darker, smoke grey model.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member