• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Stitch77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greens11
As soon as I can find a sale I will be purchasing my first pair of desert boots. I'm a size 10 in Purcell's. Would I be a 9.5 for DBs? Also, I'm debating between sand suede and taupe suede to be worn with jeans almost exclusively. Any opinions? Thanks.

I'm a US10 in Purcells, US10 in Chucks (but probably really should be 9.5, just can't find 'em where I am) and a US9.5 in Desert Boots.

I bought the sand suede DB's first and they just don't get a lot of wear right now - if I was starting again I'd probably first go for a color like taupe, but that's just me.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greens11
As soon as I can find a sale I will be purchasing my first pair of desert boots. I'm a size 10 in Purcell's. Would I be a 9.5 for DBs? Also, I'm debating between sand suede and taupe suede to be worn with jeans almost exclusively. Any opinions? Thanks.

Im a 9.5 in Purcells and an 8 in DBs

General consensus is downsize .5-1 (from your measured foot size)...My purcells fit kind of tight and the DBs are perfect.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PattyC
New Pretty Green x Clarks desert boots coming in July

pretty%2Bgreen%2Bdesert%2Bboots.jpg

They'll be available in three colours 'Champagne' (above), Black and Brown.

nice. I saw a black pair on a GAP mannequin and they looked pretty cool as well, although I like the lighter colors.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
I wear the same size Chucks as DBs, if that helps at all.

I'm sceptical about the whole Pretty Green thing. I actually quite like some of the clothes the Gallagher brothers have worn over the years, but the extra $$$ you'll pay for the PG vs... versions of Clarks DBs, which already come in a pretty versatile range of colours, just seems like someone is making money for doing nothing. Hardly shocking I know.

chethondo

Reaction score
I just re-conditioned my desert boots. Here's the before and after. They look pretty damn good if I do say so my damn self.

MortimerHobbs

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of the beeswax, and was amazed by how much i had to size down. But the SA said something about the fact that they also stretch a little bit? How much space am I looking to gain when these stretch out?

mr. burns

Reaction score
they'll just stretch in the width a little bit from your foot pushing against the sides.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MortimerHobbs
How much space am I looking to gain when these stretch out?
All leather shoes stretch a little, but not enough to drastically change the fit.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chethondo
I just re-conditioned my desert boots. Here's the before and after. They look pretty damn good if I do say so my damn self.

Nice work. What product(s) did you use?

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
Nice work. What product(s) did you use?

I went to the Clarks store and bought their weatherproofing and conditioning cream. It worked perfect. I had been using their leather and suede protector spray but it didn't really do anything to the color. This looks a lot better.

PattyC

Reaction score
New Pretty Green x Clarks desert boots coming in July They'll be available in three colours 'Champagne' (above), Black and Brown.
Another pic
clarks-fall-winter-2010-03.jpg

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with these? I found this:

"It's a bit 'spot the difference' to be honest, although you've probably spotted the Pretty Green tag on the side, as well as the colour co-ordinated stitching/sole and a minor tweak to the laces. It might even have a slightly slimmer profile, but that's not clear from the early shots. What we do know is that this is essentially the classic Clarks desert boot with a twist, coming in three colours - 'champagne' (above), black and brown."

I have a made in England pair of Clarks which are slimmer than the newer ones, if these are like that then I would buy a pair. The ones hes wearing have a dark sole which looks cool but the one you posted had the regular crepe sole.

Another pic

clarks-fall-winter-2010-03.jpg

twylo

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to jump in with a non-Clarks question, but I just got myself a pair of CP Desert Boots in Grey and was curious what colors I shouldn't wear with them? They are alright with a dark pair of raw denim and just a plain shirt, correct? Mostly just asking what colors I shouldn't wear with them..

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twylo
Hey guys, sorry to jump in with a non-Clarks question, but I just got myself a pair of CP Desert Boots in Grey and was curious what colors I shouldn't wear with them? They are alright with a dark pair of raw denim and just a plain shirt, correct? Mostly just asking what colors I shouldn't wear with them..

Chartreuse\t
Cerulean\t
Sienna\t
Magenta\t
Periwinkle\t
Fuchsia\t
Vermilion\t
Carmine\t
Cyan\t
Mauve\t
Alazarin Crimson\t
Ultramarine\t
Puce\t
Phthalocyanine Green\t
Dioxazine Purple\t
Hooker's Green\t
Raw Sienna\t
Napthol Crimson\t
Payne's Gray\t
Ivory Black\t
Azure\t
Titanium White\t
Eggshell\t
Oxblood\t
Bay\t
Sap Green\t
Bimini\t
Cadmium Yellow\t
Mars Black\t
Fawn\t
Kiwi\t
Plum Crazy\t
Turquoise!\t
Indigo\t
Burnt Umber\t
periwinkle green\t
Purple Mountian Majsty\t
Burnt Sienna\t
Brick Red

Definitely none of those. Ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads