1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

ive tried them on and they seem to fit just the same

u can find them at famous footwear, nordstrom rack, and dsw stores

Thanks. I like those brown suede ones. What I never liked about the regular brown db's was the brown sole edge.

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

is it ok if these are bit tight across the top of my toes? especially my big toe?
    otherwise the shoe seems to fit fine except its kinda hurting my big toe from above.

i am going down a half size from my normal size.

4. Harrington

Harrington Well-Known Member

They'll stretch, especially in that area. I had the same problem - though only with my suede DBs, the leather pair fit fine - and the toebox just stretched out over time. Are yours suede or leather?

5. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

they are beeswax leather ones.
    i also bought a pair of sand suedes in the same size which do feel as snug in top of the toes but because its suede i dont feel any pain per say. just snugness, i havent worn either much at all bc i wasnt sure about sizing

its weird, i have never had shoes that hurt me only from the top of the toe!
    so they will stretch enough though? it was rather painful though i can wiggle my toes.

6. Harrington

Harrington Well-Known Member

The leather DBs stretch decently, though the suede definitely expand more in my experience. That said, I don't ever remember either kind being painful on me, at any stage, and like you both my pairs are the same size. If you're confident in the sizing overall - if the next half-size up was definitely too big - then a rubdown with mink oil will soften them up and break them in more easily. Edit: Just don't go crazy with the mink, because that leather will wrinkle like hell.

7. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

its weird, they are def not sized down too much because i wear 10.5s in chucks and 11.5s in most shoes and these are 11s.

im gonna push shoe trees in them and wear them around the house for a day or two.... hopefully that will stretch them out

if not they are going back.

8. lordgold

lordgold Active Member

The leather DBs stretch decently, though the suede definitely expand more in my experience. That said, I don't ever remember either kind being painful on me, at any stage, and like you both my pairs are the same size. If you're confident in the sizing overall - if the next half-size up was definitely too big - then a rubdown with mink oil will soften them up and break them in more easily.

Edit: Just don't go crazy with the mink, because that leather will wrinkle like hell.

I just learned about the wrinkling the hard way. [​IMG] Oh well, I can live with it.

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

When i bought them I thought 9.5 was perfect but after walking in them for a while they gave me blisters! I returned them and got 10 which seemed big before but this time they were perfect and since then i've only had a comfortable experience with my DB.

10. CrDPatt

CrDPatt Member

i think clarks look better worn casual like this:

image: D-rizzle from SUFU
    [​IMG]

^^ info on the Henley?...thanks!

11. inq89

inq89 Senior member

So I get extremely picky when it comes to shoes (as do us all!) and I exchanged my brand new Beeswax DBs for some Brown Suede DBs from Piperlime.com. My reasoning is that the brown suede is more versatile and works with jeans, chinos, and dress pants while the beeswax only works with jean IMO. Plus the brown suede looks better for formal, night time occasions while the beeswax looks more casual.

But I love the look of the beeswax so it was a hard decision....Did I make the correct choice?

12. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

i really like the beeswax ones, i originally got the sand suede but went with these instead. i will prob cop a pair of lighter color suede ones as i love how they look beat up.

also do the width of the beeswax dbs stretch as well?
    my little toe on my bigger foot is feeling kinda squished

13. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

So I get extremely picky when it comes to shoes (as do us all!) and I exchanged my brand new Beeswax DBs for some Brown Suede DBs from Piperlime.com. My reasoning is that the brown suede is more versatile and works with jeans, chinos, and dress pants while the beeswax only works with jean IMO. Plus the brown suede looks better for formal, night time occasions while the beeswax looks more casual.

But I love the look of the beeswax so it was a hard decision....Did I make the correct choice?

There's a simple fix to this...get both. At the pricepoint you can probably afford to get a couple pairs. I'll be picking up brown suede and another colour (probably beeswax) in the near future tooo.

14. steve-b

steve-b Member

To all the Size issues. Look what's written on the clarks official homepage:
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/product-is-20319309 Go with this recommendation and your shoe wouldn't be too tight.

15. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

Unless you have wide feet, these seem almost impossible to wear unless you have narrow feet.

16. EndlessPearl

EndlessPearl New Member

Unless you have wide feet, these seem almost impossible to wear unless you have narrow feet.

huh?

17. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

I have tried 9.5-10.5 and none of them fit, they are all too narrow. I usually wear 9 or 9.5.

18. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

yea i think i fucked up, my poor toe is getting crushed.
    i think i need to go true to size, which is crazy, i must have wide feet

19. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

yea i think i fucked up, my poor toe is getting crushed.
    i think i need to go true to size, which is crazy, i must have wide feet

If you aren't sure about your foot size it is pretty simple. Just trace it out on a piece of paper and then measure the length and then the widest part.

http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm#SizeTable

20. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Well-Known Member

Ok so I searched and read at least 100 pages of this thread before I'm asking this.

How do you take care of beeswax dbs (or leather in general I guess) in the long run? Every pic posted in this thread looks like they are almost new, except for some guy who posted some nice heavily worn taupe suede a while back. I have probably a solid 250 miles worth of wear on my beeswax now. They seem to continuously improve with time, but the leather is beginning to look dry.

I know nothing about shoe care, so whats the best way to handle these? Beeswax? Leather conditioner? Shoe polish? Mink oil? Saddle soap? Nothing at all?