• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cladmen closing down after 6 months

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, guess I was lucky to check on the last return I sent and have the credit hit my account a couple of days ago before this thing permanently went down. I got some great deals off this site and admittedly, I benefited from their inability to update their site based on inventory. They ended up canceling an order of 2 Tumi bags because 5 days later they were out of inventory. Two days later, said bags showed up and no charge to my card.

lucky

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was still a bunch of items left when the site was shut down. What are they going to do with all the left overs?

I want to know too. I assume they'll dump everything on a wholesaler but there were a bunch of Caruso SCs left, I think mostly because it was European sizing but not advertised as such. Most people looking for a 40R are going to click 40R on the left of the screen not 50R. I picked up both of the Caruso suits, one for $468 the other for $509 and they are both fantastic! Fully canvassed, side vents, unfinished sleeves, etc. I was hoping the SCs would have another round of drops.

chrisjr

Reaction score
My stuff finally shipped last night (order placed on Feb 15).. Good news is that it's supposed to arrive by this afternoon.
Bad news is I checked through the order list and I guess they just took the liberty of removing things that they couldn't find in their warehouse. 2 slim fit boss shirts (maybe lucky they didn't get sent), pair of cufflinks, and a pair of randolph engineering shades.

Then again, maybe i'll get lucky like the earlier poster and find they were shipped but not charged to my account :happy:. i'll let y'all know.

Last edited:

erk

Reaction score

wow whats going to happen to my return.  I sent it back a week ago...

In the last box I got from them, two days ago, there was a note saying that they were not accepting returns for items purchased after some date in February (I can't remember now). I believe it was the day that it became a "final sale". If you purchased before that, I would assume your return will be processed normally.

I wish I would have known they were going dark! I had my eyes on a couple more things.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got all my Torino belts.
The Hornback belts are very thick and very nice edge treatment and hammered heavy buckle. Brown is very very dark and the honey was medium brown, excellent colors. The perfect jeans belt for Texas!!
The Caiman belly belts are formal, nice glossy shine to the finish, half the thickness of the Hornback. Dressy belts.
Ostrich is thick and substantial full quill with a mild distressed finish, perfect with khakis.
The lizard is gloss finish, dressy and very nice pattern but not too bold.
The Torino belts were a fantastic buy and gave away one Hornback to my brother in law over dinner tonight and he loved it. Gonna hand out quite a few more this week :)
I was surprised to see the site disappear but happy to get a ton of belts.

Regards.

spaceworm

Reaction score
Same situation here, got shipping confirmation on the 2/27 and tracking still does not show up on UPS system. Will call monday to see what is happening....

Last edited:

chrisjr

Reaction score
Just to update - didn't get any free items, despite them not shipping half of the items that i checked out with. I like most of the things i got, but am noticing some quality issues with my Eton ties. Two of the ties are already showing major stitching problems on the back of the blades, after only one wear each.
Will follow up with Eton.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same situation here, got shipping confirmation on the 2/27 and tracking still does not show up on UPS system. Will call monday to see what is happening....

I had the same thing happen with an order that supposedly shipped on 2/25. I called yesterday and they refunded my credit card. I'm not sure when they are shutting down phone support but if anyone else has issues with them I would try to resolve them by the end of the month. After seeing how fast they killed the website, I wouldn't be surprised if the phones are gone on 4/1.

float

Reaction score
So is (888) 367-6206 the only number they had? Its out of service now and I'm just wondering if anyone has either a number or email that I can contact them at. I got a pair of sunglasses from them that I returned back in February that I returned and I'm just now hearing they're gone without ever getting my credit back. Would like to resolve this with someone on their end before I attempt to file a claim through my credit card.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So is (888) 367-6206 the only number they had? Its out of service now and I'm just wondering if anyone has either a number or email that I can contact them at. I got a pair of sunglasses from them that I returned back in February that I returned and I'm just now hearing they're gone without ever getting my credit back. Would like to resolve this with someone on their end before I attempt to file a claim through my credit card.

They were partnered with JC Penny maybe they have a number to reach Clad?

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where? Not seeing it but that's typical gilt

Don't know whether the Clad-inventory-now-on-Gilt claim is true, but that garbage Incotex Ivory was being showcased the other night. Previously Gilt was selling real Incotex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads