1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cladmen closing down after 6 months

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by millionaire75, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I wonder if their phone number still works...

2. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I had about 7 orders that were fine but one is still in limbo. I received a shipping notification on 2/25 but the tracking # provided is still not in the UPS system. It's probably just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I called today and the CS guy said give it a couple more days then call again if the tracking still doesn't show up. He also said that UPS is having problems with their site. Um, sure pal ...

3. saint

saint Senior member

What did the croc and caiman belts go for?

4. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

$102 less 25% when using the "febfamily" code. = $78

Here's the caiman

Here's the Hornback. I think it came to $150 or $125 after code.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

There was still a bunch of items left when the site was shut down. What are they going to do with all the left overs?

6. saint

saint Senior member

Wow, very nice. I obviously didn't go through the site as thoroughly as I should have.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

lucky

8. Fred G. Unn

I want to know too. I assume they'll dump everything on a wholesaler but there were a bunch of Caruso SCs left, I think mostly because it was European sizing but not advertised as such. Most people looking for a 40R are going to click 40R on the left of the screen not 50R. I picked up both of the Caruso suits, one for $468 the other for $509 and they are both fantastic! Fully canvassed, side vents, unfinished sleeves, etc. I was hoping the SCs would have another round of drops.

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

wow whats going to happen to my return. I sent it back a week ago...

10. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

My stuff finally shipped last night (order placed on Feb 15).. Good news is that it's supposed to arrive by this afternoon.
    Bad news is I checked through the order list and I guess they just took the liberty of removing things that they couldn't find in their warehouse. 2 slim fit boss shirts (maybe lucky they didn't get sent), pair of cufflinks, and a pair of randolph engineering shades.

Then again, maybe i'll get lucky like the earlier poster and find they were shipped but not charged to my account :happy:. i'll let y'all know.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  11. erk

erk Senior member

In the last box I got from them, two days ago, there was a note saying that they were not accepting returns for items purchased after some date in February (I can't remember now). I believe it was the day that it became a "final sale". If you purchased before that, I would assume your return will be processed normally.

I wish I would have known they were going dark! I had my eyes on a couple more things.

12. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

I got all my Torino belts.
    The Hornback belts are very thick and very nice edge treatment and hammered heavy buckle. Brown is very very dark and the honey was medium brown, excellent colors. The perfect jeans belt for Texas!!
    The Caiman belly belts are formal, nice glossy shine to the finish, half the thickness of the Hornback. Dressy belts.
    Ostrich is thick and substantial full quill with a mild distressed finish, perfect with khakis.
    The lizard is gloss finish, dressy and very nice pattern but not too bold.
    The Torino belts were a fantastic buy and gave away one Hornback to my brother in law over dinner tonight and he loved it. Gonna hand out quite a few more this week :)
    I was surprised to see the site disappear but happy to get a ton of belts.

Regards.

13. spaceworm

spaceworm New Member

Same situation here, got shipping confirmation on the 2/27 and tracking still does not show up on UPS system. Will call monday to see what is happening....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

Just to update - didn't get any free items, despite them not shipping half of the items that i checked out with. I like most of the things i got, but am noticing some quality issues with my Eton ties. Two of the ties are already showing major stitching problems on the back of the blades, after only one wear each.
    Will follow up with Eton.

15. Fred G. Unn

I had the same thing happen with an order that supposedly shipped on 2/25. I called yesterday and they refunded my credit card. I'm not sure when they are shutting down phone support but if anyone else has issues with them I would try to resolve them by the end of the month. After seeing how fast they killed the website, I wouldn't be surprised if the phones are gone on 4/1.

16. float

float Senior member

So is (888) 367-6206 the only number they had? Its out of service now and I'm just wondering if anyone has either a number or email that I can contact them at. I got a pair of sunglasses from them that I returned back in February that I returned and I'm just now hearing they're gone without ever getting my credit back. Would like to resolve this with someone on their end before I attempt to file a claim through my credit card.

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

They were partnered with JC Penny maybe they have a number to reach Clad?

18. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Stuff is now on Gilt, with less markdown than final sale. Hooray.

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

Where? Not seeing it but that's typical gilt

20. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Don't know whether the Clad-inventory-now-on-Gilt claim is true, but that garbage Incotex Ivory was being showcased the other night. Previously Gilt was selling real Incotex.