• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Civilization has collapsed what are you wearing?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Brooklyn meant to be that rough? I feel sorry for you.

When things are really getting rough, I reach my horsehide rider jacket and my thick 23oz denim.

Putonghua73

Reaction score
What's mad max? Maybe if you clarify that, I'll be able to figure out how I should respond.

A vision of an apocalyptic future set in the wastelands of Australia. The series has had widespread influence in pop culture.

Throw in the Interceptor, and you have the ultimate in commuter wear.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was shot at randomly today by a sniper with a paintball gun in Brooklyn at 10.00 A.M. My A.P.C raincoat got some paint on it and my Crockett and Jones.

Rather shaken by this I started thinking... If things got really rough, like mad max style what would I wear?

H Lesser? Tweed?

What would you be wearing?

Is this normal in Brooklyn?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I'm less concerned about what I'll be wearing and more about my quality of life. If you need me, I'll be in a bunker stocked with shampoo and razors for the wimmenz of the post-apocalypse. So, hopefully, I'll spend my time naked.

FillW

Reaction score
I try my best to stay out of NYC if it's at all possible...

it's bad enough out here in the sticks.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to refer to Steven Pinker's The Better Angels of Our Nature when talk turns to Mad Max-ian end-of-the-world scenarios.

"This book is about what may be the most important thing that has ever happened in human history. Believe it or not — and I know that most people do not — violence has declined over long stretches of time, and today we may be living in the most peaceable era in our species’ existence. The decline, to be sure, has not been smooth; it has not brought violence down to zero; and it is not guaranteed to continue. But it is an unmistakable development, visible on scales from millennia to years, from the waging of wars to the spanking of children.

No aspect of life is untouched by the retreat from violence. Daily existence is very different if you always have to worry about being abducted, raped, or killed, and it’s hard to develop sophisticated arts, learning, or commerce if the institutions that support them are looted and burned as quickly as they are built.

The historical trajectory of violence affects not only how life is lived but how it is understood. What could be more fundamental to our sense of meaning and purpose than a conception of whether the strivings of the human race over long stretches of time have left us better or worse off? How, in particular, are we to make sense of modernity—of the erosion of family, tribe, tradition, and religion by the forces of individualism, cosmopolitanism, reason, and science? So much depends on how we understand the legacy of this transition: whether we see our world as a nightmare of crime, terrorism, genocide, and war, or as a period that, by the standards of history, is blessed by unprecedented levels of peaceful coexistence."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/books/review/the-better-angels-of-our-nature.html?ref=review

That said, I'd like to be here:

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/victor-island

Probably wearing something like this:

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this normal in Brooklyn?

No it was quite bizarre and random but it happened. At least it was only a paintball gun. I was brought up on a council estate in Bolton so I've seen and heard much worse, not that it's a badge of honor of course.

I would have wrapped it round his head if I'd seen who did it.

Last edited:

hugh51271

Reaction score
OP, did you manage to clean/dry clean your clothes sufficiently?

Although it sounds like a waste of time, I would have probably reported it, as the twat who did it will probably do it again.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was shot at randomly today by a sniper with a paintball gun in Brooklyn at 10.00 A.M. My A.P.C raincoat got some paint on it and my Crockett and Jones.

Rather shaken by this I started thinking... If things got really rough, like mad max style what would I wear?

H Lesser? Tweed?

What would you be wearing?

That is BULLSHIT.

Deserves a swift kick in the balls with some Heinrich Dinklackers

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Nomex survival suit for advanced infantry. Kevlar biweave, reinforced joints. This sucker’ll stop a knife."

4069609_std.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads