• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing a great quality varsity/souvenir jacket

adidasaj

Reaction score
So, I'm looking into investing into a really good varsity/souvenir jacket. I have a few right now ($100-200) range but none feel of particularly exceptional in quality. Average materials, very boring fit, not particularly comfortable. Nothing bad but just as you can usually tell the difference between medium and high-end pea coats or jeans, I'm hoping for the same in a jacket.

Got three in mind right now.

Applebum x Wu-Tang
http://applebum.jp/shop/005wutang/0930701.php

+nostalgic and also rarest of the batch
-I have almost no experience with Applebum apparel (no direct)

Ursus BAPE
http://bape-cdn1.splay.com/system/st...jpg?1252602587

+most subtle and also likely highest quality ...
-It'll cost me about $600 ... my g/f looked at it yesterday in Tapei city at BAPE store there and they want about $560 CND
+-I like BAPE. I still think BAPE is sick. I can already see some 'sneers' though if I go with the 'typical' brand though haha. I don't like being thought to like BAPE just because it's an 'it' brand. Yeah I care what my peers think.

Evisu Heritage
http://international.evisu.com/colle...ouvenir-jacket

+I think the head on the back is incredibly sick
-It's also incredibly loud and massively lowers where I can wear it (I'm young but I'm an economist by trade... wearing downtown Hong Kong at night, check; wearing mid-day here in casual Canada to get groceries, not so much
-Evisu Heritage is questionable quality. Made in Macau. Evisu Made in Japan jeans are amazing, but their Made in Macau jeans are just 'good' and there t-shirts, shoes, etc haven't been 'great' in my experience (own about 7 non-jean Evisu items). Jacket was about $500-600 before but on sale even at about $300, I'm worried it being no better than, say, my Rocksmith Toyko varsity I got from winners for $50
-I wear Evisu jeans regularly.... and shoes... Brand overload with a jacket, too.

I'm open to other brands, too. Y3 make any? I'm only familiar with their shoes but the Russians around here seem to have Y3-everything, from pants to shirts. Don't think I'd want a BBC/IC one. Supreme is cool but has never really been one of 'my' brands. Basically the only people that wear Supreme here are Taiwanese. Any other first hand experience with great jackets?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There are a shitload of Japanese varsities for people with BAPE type budgets. Bedwin's is nice, Visvim's is nice, Toyo Whitesville is good for a trad style one, Number (N)ine is good if you have 2K lying around.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if thats your style but its all over the top guady rapper gear imo

LiveStock

Reaction score
imo all the varsities you chose are a little too much

I wear my W + H varsity the most out of all my jackets. Its not too loud but still sets itself apart from other varsitys with the raglan sleeves and hand warmers. also it fits me great and quality is really nice

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you guys even look at the Wu-Tang one?
1.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
Without a doubt, the illest garment ever.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Did you guys even look at the Wu-Tang one?

Without a doubt, the illest garment ever.

I don't care if you're joking or not, that is awesome.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Too bad it's not a varsity; it's a sukajyan.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I don't care if you're joking or not, that is awesome.
Not joking. The map of Shaolin environs is what does it for me.

adidasaj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LiveStock
imo all the varsities you chose are a little too much

I wear my W + H varsity the most out of all my jackets. Its not too loud but still sets itself apart from other varsitys with the raglan sleeves and hand warmers. also it fits me great and quality is really nice

Oh I agree... But a varsity isn't the type of jacket I'd wear day to day anyhow. I dress pretty formal and subtle most of the time. But I enjoy how stylized some of these 'louder' brands are.... it's like my tattoos. I don't show them off at the office. But I love the expression of one's self f through design when appropriate. Which is why I enjoy wearing Evisu jeans or showing off my coloured arm tats or something like that Wu-Tang jacket when I get a chance.

Thanks for the correction BTW impolyte_one. I don't really know the difference between varsity, souvenir, "sukajyan", etc. Most of my knowledge of terms is very satorialist-esque.... blame my father, he's the type of guy that wears a suit to check the mail. Very strict and my brothers and I pressed very hard to dress a certain way. Maybe another reason I enjoy dressing "load and flashy" rarely when I get the chance.

Thanks for the genuine advice BTW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads