• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chinese denim

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i like to think that japanese denim is woven by artisans that love their craft and excel at it. oni, for example, boasts of a loom that only one person has the skill to use.

i'd feel cheated to think that you can achieve the same results from low-paid workers that are merely trained to do the job-----these workers, i imagine, don't bleed indigo, only blood.

Yes but i like the idea of more jobs for workers. That's more important to me than thinking some guy made the denim i'm wearing and he's the only one that knows how to make it. Frivolous

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i like to think that japanese denim is woven by artisans that love their craft and excel at it. oni, for example, boasts of a loom that only one person has the skill to use.

i'd feel cheated to think that you can achieve the same results from low-paid workers that are merely trained to do the job-----these workers, i imagine, don't bleed indigo, only blood.

you, sir, need to get off the computer at least onec in a while

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont know whether I should say it (I am half chinese so no hate), but China makes some damn fine fakes from I have seen. Some of the fake evisus seem pretty good(better than the european versions imho). ppl there have the ability to make fine jeans, however, they just seldom try to make their own brands. Maybe thats b/c there's not much desire from the local market.

If you mean made-in-china jeans rather chinese denim brands, I could say some of the japanese denim are actually made in japan, like yamane (one line of evisu).

Of course, if you(read me) are throwing like more than 200 bucks on a pair of jeans, you(read me) would like them to be made from some places where workers are paid much higher.....but thats kinda emotional.
marchal.gif

Btw I am disappointed to see that some Ann dem stuff is made in China. ...

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Yup, sure do.

There is another company called HW Textile, they supply Evisu etc. There denim kicks ass. There HK showroom is pimpin, bar, karioki machine.....

I am interested to actually see what Chinese Denim would be like, most of the time when I think China I think (no offense to anyone here) cheap knock off goods.

Also I see that you spelled karaoke in the phonetic, eg incorrect, American pronunciation. Interesting to see it like that (not to derail the thread or anything).

benchan

Reaction score
I read an interview of RMC owner a while back. He said that some people from the nearby Take5 shop come to 1001 to ridicule him once, claiming that his jeans is nothing compare to the authentic Japanese one.

btw, YAMANE is NOT one line of Evisu. yamane is started by a founder of Evisu. He has two line, one made in china, one in japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads