• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheek Kissing

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I'll have to try three kisses from now on. I think it would be a nice change of pace from the played-out two kisses but not over-the-top like the four kisses I've seen some girls do.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Thank YOU!

Having grown up there, I don't think I've ever seen one guy cheek-kiss another guy. But then again, I didn't attend many weddings.

Middle-eastern men only kiss eachother.

Bsides

Reaction score
I almost always kiss female aquantences that I dont see everyday on the cheek. Ive never been rebuffed, or had it feel akward. On the contrary I think its rather expected after a certain level of intimacy is reached in a relationship.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I usually cheek-kiss females upon greeting them, one on each cheek.

Do you guys employ a similar technique?

Hell, no.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vito
Hell, no.

Hell, no. You don't like to kiss girls?
For someone with what has to be an Italian inspired handle, you're not espousing a very Italian view.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the double kiss is a little pretentious if it's done in the U.S. I regularly do the single kiss in NYC with the Hispanic girls, sometimes even when been introduced.
Kissing girls is awesome, specially if done with multiple girls close to each other in front of girls you want to meet. By the time you approach your beautiful stranger she feels like you are pre-screened.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Hell, no. You don't like to kiss girls?
For someone with what has to be an Italian inspired handle, you're not espousing a very Italian view.

Kissing girls is fine -- I try it as often as possible, with varying success.

I'm Italian-American (on one side of the family), not European. I've never been able to get into the cheek-kissing thing, because it seems to be kind of feminine. If you start doing the cheek-kissing thing, pretty soon you'll start doing the "How are yooooooooooooooo" thing that chicks do when they meet and greet each other. It's a slippery slope, indeed.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
specially if done with multiple girls close to each other in front of girls you want to meet. By the time you approach your beautiful stranger she feels like you are pre-screened.
That sounds like a good strategy -- maybe I'll reconsider my skepticism, and get into the cheek-kissing.

singhstyle

Reaction score
I only do it with a couple of Spaniard chicks I know.

alterion

Reaction score
as a southern France man i would say that if you did not double cheek kiss here you would cause offence. Infact it is the standard greeting between (straight) guys aswell, only English prudes shake hands.

Artigas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alterion
as a southern France man i would say that if you did not double cheek kiss here you would cause offence. Infact it is the standard greeting between (straight) guys aswell, only English prudes shake hands.

How about meeting for business? How does that go? Do you exchange cheek kisses with a potential client, etc.?

theber

Reaction score
Guys - Short Firm Handshake
Close Male Friends - Half hug
Close Female Friends - one cheek kiss with one hand on waist, possibly with hug and only if I heven't seen them recently
Introduction to female - Gentle handshake and one cheek kiss if offered cheek
Business situation - Handshake

Never ever air kiss or multiple cheek kiss - Pretentious

Only cheek kiss in social setting

The multiple cheek kiss is acceptible on Continental Europe so I will if I am there visiting relatives but that is because it expected, never anywhere else.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I like to grab a quick taste of a cold refreshing earlobe when I greet girls. At first they don't like it, but they get used to it pretty quickly.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes at bars and clubs, lounges and other social ****. Hope it doesn't get me killed though.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asia is so up tight that the women only give you those stupid little waves when you first meet them.

Also there is only one right way to kiss another man.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads