1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap MTM shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Aug 20, 2006.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

Was wondering if anyone makes cheap MTM shoes in the $600 range?

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Was wondering if anyone makes cheap MTM shoes in the $600 range?

Vogel charges $700 per pair, after a one time last fee of $350.

http://www.vogelboots.com/index.asp

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

The Vogel quality is said to not be very good however.

4. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Vogel quality is said to not be very good however.

That's only by comparison to hand-made bespoke shoes, because they bill themselves as a bespoke maker. For a machine made product at that price point, the quality is fine.

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's only by comparison to hand-made bespoke shoes, because they bill themselves as a bespoke maker. For a machine made product at that price point, the quality is fine.
    Yeah, the problem is not the make so much as the lasts. The Vogel shoes that I have seen look decidedly less elegant than comparably priced RTW shoes.

6. Jolly Green

Jolly Green Well-Known Member

Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
    D

7. demeis

demeis Senior member

Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
    D

Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.

8. kronik

kronik Senior member

Otabo shoes are in that range, but the lasts are ugly.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.

also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!

That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.[​IMG]

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.[​IMG]
    no pukka leather soles! they are ok actuly i have got a cuple of pairs! but is the neon tick that my conservative bosses are not too keen on[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Jolly Green

Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread
    I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
    D

14. demeis

demeis Senior member

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread

I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
    D

Thats more what i'm looking for. Something that can be tweaked to say a person who has one foot thats a C and another thats a D or an E. Or differers in length. So they get a good fit but at a resonable price. I've been wanting to get marteganis for sometime and this will help my case. Thanks

15. Jolly Green

No problem. Glad I could help. Run a search on them as they have been widely discussed here and on AAAC. I'm not sure if anyone in NY can do has a similar agreement to make custom shoes from Martegani. If so, I've not seen it mentioned here. Rider is in Richmond, Va as I recall.

Cheers,
    D

16. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Corthay is pretty cheap. $3500 for the first pair and then around $1100 after that. I could be a few hundred off.

17. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Corthay is pretty cheap. $3500 for the first pair and then around $1100 after that. I could be a few hundred off.
    Now now, let's not be smug. Even Berluti suggested that they'd be cheaper after the first pair.

A note. Some definition of terms is needed. MTM is a very confusing term when it comes to shoes. In general, shoes can be bespoke, with an individual last made to accomodate the foot's various personal features, or made to order (MTO) where the shoes are made to one's actual size and width (and sometime a couple of tweaks can be made). There really isn't a definable middle ground. It sounds like the OP was looking for good made to order. Martegani would fit the price range given.

18. mikeber

mikeber Senior member