• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap MTM shoes

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone makes cheap MTM shoes in the $600 range?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The Vogel quality is said to not be very good however.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
That's only by comparison to hand-made bespoke shoes, because they bill themselves as a bespoke maker. For a machine made product at that price point, the quality is fine.
Yeah, the problem is not the make so much as the lasts. The Vogel shoes that I have seen look decidedly less elegant than comparably priced RTW shoes.

Jolly Green

Reaction score
Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
D

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jolly Green
Martegani have recieved good reviews around these parts. Most are in the $300-400 dollar range, though.

Cheers,
D

Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Otabo shoes are in that range, but the lasts are ugly.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
hongkong shoemakers charge around $280++ last time i checked.

also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
also! in fact i know a place that will make for $100++ usd! the leather is sneaker leather quality!

That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.
lol8[1].gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
That's awful cheap!!! For $100 MTM shoes you get sneaker leather quality! Are the soles made of rubber or a lesser material? Such as Cardboard.
lol8[1].gif

no pukka leather soles! they are ok actuly i have got a cuple of pairs! but is the neon tick that my conservative bosses are not too keen on
lol8[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Jolly Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
Martegani isn't MTM, at least i have never seen that program from them.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread
The most unique aspect of the new Martegani is probably the openness of the factory to produce customized orders on a one-by-one basis at a reasonable cost and delivery...this is rare and really fits into how the industry has evolved here in the US, with tailored clothing stores becoming the main points of distribution for better shoes as the quality/numbers of good shoe shops has declined tremendously over the last decade here.
I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
D

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jolly Green
I could be wrong but it was my understanding that a visit to Rider could give similar results. He indicated to me that he could work with my big feet.

From his first post on this thread

I doubt one would consider it a full bespoke shoe. Maybe not MTM by name, but certainly custom fit with some very happy customers around these parts.

Cheers,
D

Thats more what i'm looking for. Something that can be tweaked to say a person who has one foot thats a C and another thats a D or an E. Or differers in length. So they get a good fit but at a resonable price. I've been wanting to get marteganis for sometime and this will help my case. Thanks

Jolly Green

Reaction score
No problem. Glad I could help. Run a search on them as they have been widely discussed here and on AAAC. I'm not sure if anyone in NY can do has a similar agreement to make custom shoes from Martegani. If so, I've not seen it mentioned here. Rider is in Richmond, Va as I recall.

Cheers,
D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads