• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chargers dominating Pats, still losing

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
If I were a San Diego fan I'd be wondering where the hell LT was that entire game. Rivers and Gates are out there gimping around, but LT is riding the pine, even though all week he's saying he's not banged up. The guy has no heart.

This is one of those "Oh that's right, I forgot that montecristo#4 is utterly divorced from reality" moments. And I do love them so.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
If I were a San Diego fan I'd be wondering where the hell LT was that entire game. Rivers and Gates are out there gimping around, but LT is riding the pine, even though all week he's saying he's not banged up. The guy has no heart.

LT has no heart? You're ridiculous.

Who is this Heath Evans guy? Has he been playing much? I think he's the only Patriot that I actually like (can't stand any of them but him).... he was the only one who wasn't a *************, and he's the only one I recall seeing helping others off the ground and congratulating them.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
This is one of those "Oh that's right, I forgot that montecristo#4 is utterly divorced from reality" moments. And I do love them so.

Really? Can you explain it to me then? Why was he sitting there on the bench all game, not talking to anyone, with his helmet on and his chinstrap buckled? After saying he was ready to go all week? It's truly bizarre.

This is the guy whose own web site proclaims that he is "the best player in the NFL." You'd think even if h were 90% he'd be out there helping his team.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Can you explain it to me then? Why was he sitting there on the bench all game, not talking to anyone, with his helmet on and his chinstrap buckled? After saying he was ready to go all week? It's truly bizarre.

This is the guy whose own web site proclaims that he is "the best player in the NFL." You'd think even if h were 90% he'd be out there helping his team.

We obviously can't tell you exactly what happened because we weren't there. Were you listening to any of the commentary during the game? LT was in for 3 plays in the beginning (2 carries for 5 yards). His knee was probably fucked up more than he thought, and obviously he wasn't the 90% he was claiming. In addition, this pre-game hype and talk is also used as a tactic to screw with the other team's pre-game preparation.

Moreover, it's Norv Turner's decision as coach as to who gets to play, even if LT really wanted to. Last time I heard, an injured player couldn't unilaterally put himself into a game.

The helmet thing - who freakin' knows. Part of it was probably a sign that he was there for the team and ready to jump in if called, and the other part was him probably hiding how sad he was that he couldn't play. Give the guy a break. I'm disappointed as hell that LT couldn't play, and I think the Colts screwed us even though the Chargers beat them. But if LT was going to be ineffective, what's the point? He is still the best running back in the league, hands down.

No heart. Whatever.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
In addition, this pre-game hype and talk is also used as a tactic to screw with the other team's pre-game preparation.

Are you suggesting that the Chargers outright lied on the injury report? LT wasn't on it.

Moreover, it's Norv Turner's decision as coach as to who gets to play, even if LT really wanted to. Last time I heard, an injured player couldn't unilaterally put himself into a game.
True, but it's the biggest game of the guys life. Surprising he wasn't fighting to play. Turner obviously plays injured stars (Rivers, Gates).

And if Turner won't play him, you still hav to scratch your head over his just sitting there with the helmet and visor. Why didn't he get up, work with the other backs, encourage the offense or defence on the field, hold a friggin clip board, give the guys water....do something to help your team mates who are giving it all they got. Then maybe you get to the SB and another chance to play.

Like I said, if I were a SD fan, I'd be wondering WTF was really going on.

scfdefinit

Reaction score
Apparently according to Norv's post-game interview, LT couldn't push off his bad leg and when he got hit it was hurting him badly. So, LT misjudged himself. He probably wanted to play even though his body wasn't able to.

Do some research before you make assumptions.

Did anyone else want to see Volek get some game time? He's been practicing this whole week yet Rivers got to play the whole game.

We came a long way though even coming off a slow start and a new coaching staff. We're a young team with some great talent. To knock out the defending SB champions and give the undefeated Pats trouble even after having so many injured players it shows we're a top contender. Next year watch out for the bolts.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Norv Turner gave a pretty legit response, he even looked a little emotional when faced with the "Where was LT question," basically told the reporter "shut up, you have no idea what was goin on here." If LT could play, Turner would have put him in. LT has cried on the sidelines before and received flak for it. I have a feeling wearing his helmet and visor was to not reveal his facial expression.

We've got 3 SD fans posting in this thread and none of us were wondering WTF was going on.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that the Chargers outright lied on the injury report? LT wasn't on it.
They didn't, as they played him for a handful of snaps in the 1st quarter. Apparently decided that he wasn't in good enough shape.

Originally Posted by montecristo
True, but it's the biggest game of the guys life. Surprising he wasn't fighting to play. Turner obviously plays injured stars (Rivers, Gates).
Because the Chargers decided that Michael Turner/Darren Sproles at 100% gave them a better shot at winning than LT at 50-60%? Whatever happened to doing what's best for the team?

Originally Posted by montecristo
And if Turner won't play him, you still hav to scratch your head over his just sitting there with the helmet and visor. Why didn't he get up, work with the other backs, encourage the offense or defence on the field, hold a friggin clip board, give the guys water....do something to help your team mates who are giving it all they got. Then maybe you get to the SB and another chance to play.
How often do you see backup QBs do any of these? The only other players I've seen jumping around on the sideline are the TO / Ray Lewis type; they all get pretty bad rap for this. And it's entirely possible LT was too frustrated to really do anything.

Man, enough already. The Pats won; don't you have the Super Bowl to busy fantasizing about?
musicboohoo[1].gif

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, all I can say is that Rivers and Gates impressed me. LT not so much. If he couldn't push off on his leg, you'd think they would have figured it out in practice. That's why they spend tons of money on a training staff. If it was as bad as it turned out to be he should have at least been listed on the injury report as probable. Whatever, it's not my problem. It's San Diego's.

Rivers stepped up and he is now the leader of this team. The postgame interview with Castillo seems to bear this out.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Well, all I can say is that Rivers and Gates impressed me. LT not so much. If he couldn't push off on his leg, you'd think they would have figured it out in practice. That's why they spend tons of money on a training staff. If it was as bad as it turned out to be he should have at least been listed on the injury report as probable. Whatever, it's not my problem. It's San Diego's.

Rivers stepped up and he is now the leader of this team. The postgame interview with Castillo seems to bear this out.

You can try to work it out as much as possible in training, but you can't force an injury to just disappear.

Rivers impressed everyone here today, too. I'm actually excited to see what he can do next year, where as at the beginning of the season I just wanted him to go away.

Turner really tore it up in the late season and play-offs. There's no chance we're going to be keeping that guy, he's fantastic and needs to be starting for some other team.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Turner is turning free agent, so he'll likely be gone.

I do think Rivers played a good game being injured. I thought his two intercepted passes were ill-advised and reflects on the poor judgment he displays as a young quarterback and is something we couldn't risk against a team like the Pats. I agree it will be interesting to see how he matures and becomes better, but by no means is he a great, championship winning QB (at least for now, and I sure hope my opinion of him changes).

Does anyone agree he has a weird throw? He has thrown some beauties and play-perfect passes. Other times, it looks like he's throwing with his non-dominant hand.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley

Does anyone agree he has a weird throw? He has thrown some beauties and play-perfect passes. Other times, it looks like he's throwing with his non-dominant hand.

Agreed.. Several of my friends have mentioned it to me. he does have an awkward throw. Apparently they tried to force him to change during training but they gave up and went back to his weird-ass limp-wristed throw.

scfdefinit

Reaction score
Haha yeah he does have a weird throw but whatever works for him.. As long as he throws good passes its fine with me. I just wish he had better judgement sometimes.

Turner will most likely sign with another team. That's ok, Darren Sproles is good too. He's probably the most underrated HB in the league right now. Dude is QUICK. I'd like to see him run the ball more often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads