Charcoal Military Blazer works as formal wear?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hellah fresh, Nov 21, 2012.

1. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Active Member

Hi Guys! I am new to this forum and when it comes to dressing up with button downs and slacks... i am clueless to what will work with what. Well anyways i have a friends wedding to attend this Saturday and i thought it would be a great idea to bust out my Banana Republic military blazer. I bought it last year and never even wore it. I guess i bought it because it looks nice. Im trying to figure out how to wear this and i was like.. maybe black pants w/ black button down. Then i thought maybe its too much black. Anyways can anyone help me out? Im 6'2'' 125lbs by the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blazer is fitted. Sleeves are slightly past wrist line but not much.

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

No.

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

No.

:lurk:

4. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Active Member

5. Lucan

Lucan Senior member

To expand on the comments above ... the 'blazer' is casual only, would look nice with jeans and maybe a chunky jumper underneath, but don't think it's ever going to look anything other than a casual coat.

Re black pants and black shirt ... black is not generally liked as a colour on this forum (apart from black tie!) as it lacks versatility, is difficult to match with, and has no warmth/interest. Maybe these three reasons are not quite right, or there are some more, but black is bad here.

Check out the WAYWRN forums for a bit of inspiration (or to scare you away!). You don't have to follow everything you hear on this forum, but it is good to use as inspiration and to check things out.

6. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

While I like the jacket, it's not something I'd suggest for a wedding. Do you have any suits or more traditional sport coats?

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

No, it is as informal as the day is long.