• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CEGO MTM club collar oxford, button down collar oxford and comparison with black flee

untilted

Reaction score
The CEGO shirts I ordered 4 weeks ago finally arrived. This is one of Carl's few attempts at the club collar. He recommended pinpoint oxford rather than oxford because club collar = dressy. I also ordered a pink OCBD. Unlined collars, unlined cuffs, center box pleats, tapered slim fit because that's the way I like it. I'm more than satisfied. about $115 each, perfect fit.

cego1kx1.jpg

collar stays: i doubt i'll use them ( i like mine pinned):

cego2zc7.jpg

cego3rh7.jpg

cego4ru3.jpg

Black Fleece club collar is a bit different:

cego5nh8.jpg

Interesting, huh?

cego6fz4.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the penny collar. The BF penny collar is more what I think of as "normal", being short and stout. Cego's looks too long/pointy and throws me off a bit. But the buttondown looks great

$115 ea? That's a great price, some reason I thought they were a lot more

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
CEGO's will be easier to pin, though. I rather like pinned club collars. Unpinned, they look a little Peter-Pannish, school girl uniform to me.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
they look a little Peter-Pannish, school girl uniform to me.

not that I know anything about these traditional collars, but that was the thought that ran through my mind as I first saw the bb pictured here. I like the Cego version much better.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Unpinned, they look a little Peter-Pannish, school girl uniform to me.

well they are referred to as "Peter Pan" collars after all. But I dont think they look good worn sans tie. They need to be buttoned up all the way, and with a tie obviously. Cego's would look better worn without tie.

kngrimm

Reaction score
May I ask why you get a pleat in the back of your shirt? Not sure the exact 'term' but it looks like an extra three inches of fabric in the first pic.

Doesn't that make it billow?

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kngrimm
May I ask why you get a pleat in the back of your shirt? Not sure the exact 'term' but it looks like an extra three inches of fabric in the first pic.

Doesn't that make it billow?

That's a box pleat. Standard on an oxford button down.

untilted

Reaction score
pinned and tied:

pinned in the middle:
dsc02442dq4.jpg

pinned toward the bottom:

dsc02444bc8.jpg

Black fleece shirt pinned:

clubsw7.jpg

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think these collars look weird on a 19 year old kid.

By the time us youngsters are old enough for them to look less weird, a pinned club collar will be so archaic as to not make any sense on anyone, regardless of the amount of gray hair and wrinkles (however dignified they may be).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
By the time us youngsters are old enough for them to look less weird, a pinned club collar will be so archaic as to not make any sense on anyone, regardless of the amount of gray hair and wrinkles (however dignified they may be).

Aren't they essentially archaic already?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads