• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"casual" french cuff...how would I wear this shirt?

identity-x

Reaction score
I agree Zenny....the weave was what drew me to even think about buying the shirt. That and the $2 price tag. It's a pretty thick cloth too. Something I'd never seen before.

I think I'll give it a whirl with my charcoal jacket. Sans tie. Thanks all.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Somewhere.. out there... there is an elderly grandmother.. alone, tears streaming down her wrinkled but careworn face... very distraught.. for someone came into her house in the middle of the night.. absconded with the fabric covering on her couch (after first removing the plastic covering)... sold it on the gray market to shirt makers.. who made...

that.

young Ego

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmolken
Can we call it "poodlestooth"?

Certainly an imitation houndstooth of sorts.
Did your girlfriend want you to get it. If so you have to wear it out with her a few times. If not I'd reserve it for dog park, maybe a few single dog lovers will be drawn to the texture.

Joe Cool

Reaction score
If the color pattern was more subtle, I think it'd be pretty sweet.

As is, it's the perfect shirt for those happy hour disco swing parties at the Holiday Inn with Murph and the Magictones.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the pattern as much as the colors, which I find utterly repulsive. Under a jacket, that could work. Jeans, no tie.

Mike

glowell222

Reaction score
"...how would I wear this shirt? "

You wouldn't. Ever. But if you do, please post a pic-I would laugh ****** off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads