• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cashmere scarve

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burberry plaid is, please correct me if I'm wrong, a modification of the Thompson tartan in camel, which is in some ways classic, despite it's Burberric Chavster connotations. If a teenager gets out of her BMW with a Thompson-ish plaid scarf tied to her LV bag, that's a shame. But personally I see nothing wrong with a scarf that has a similar, classic pattern. FIH, nice stuff, as usual. Your coats were out of range this year, unfortunately.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FIH, nice stuff, as usual. Your coats were out of range this year, unfortunately.
Quit typing and keep filing. Â You'll get there
wink.gif
JJF Seriously folks, bring out your Euro voodoo dolls and prick away...gotta come down, and hopefully soon... JJF

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously folks, bring out your Euro voodoo dolls and prick away...gotta come down, and hopefully soon...
Yes, but when you get money gifts from your family in Europe, all of a sudden, you have a fortune. But now that it's after Christmas, and considering I have to go over there, yes, it'd better come down

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but when you get money gifts from your family in Europe, all of a sudden, you have a fortune.  But now that it's after Christmas, and considering I have to go over there, yes, it'd better come down
Make no mistake Fabienne, the strong Euro is bad for Europe. Its great for business that export from the US to Europe but its killed your tourism as well as your exports.

Bad Bad Euro.

JJF

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Fabienne @ 06 Jan. 2005, 12:02) Yes, but when you get money gifts from your family in Europe, all of a sudden, you have a fortune. Â But now that it's after Christmas, and considering I have to go over there, yes, it'd better come down
Make no mistake Fabienne, the strong Euro is bad for Europe. Â Its great for business that export from the US to Europe but its killed your tourism as well as your exports. Bad Bad Euro. JJF
Oh, I fully realize this. I'm torn. I live here, I'm from there, I don't know who to be happy for.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(FIHTies @ 06 Jan. 2005, 12:24)
Originally Posted by Fabienne,06 Jan. 2005, 12:02
Yes, but when you get money gifts from your family in Europe, all of a sudden, you have a fortune. Â But now that it's after Christmas, and considering I have to go over there, yes, it'd better come down
Make no mistake Fabienne, the strong Euro is bad for Europe. Â Its great for business that export from the US to Europe but its killed your tourism as well as your exports. Bad Bad Euro. JJF
Oh, I fully realize this. Â I'm torn. Â I live here, I'm from there, I don't know who to be happy for.
Even if you live here, if you are buying European goods here then you have problems. For our children's boutique someone mentioned a boys Italian suit that retails for 250.00 to which we said its IMPOSSIBLE. There is no longer any such animal. You should only be torn/happy if you work for or own stock in a company/ies that do alot of exporting to the EU. JJF

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the weak dollar - I sell american products in Europe. on the other hand, I can't afford to eat in resteraunts any more
sad.gif

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Jambon-beurre or Currywurst from a street vendor is better than what most restaurants in the US offer.  You've got it good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads