• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am enjoying the thought of these trucks hitting the street and making the collective south Florida brodozer community flip its ****. I’m talking about the coal rollers who deliberately park in EV charging spots just to **** with Tesla owners

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have to go to Miami for a wedding. Never been there before, but from what people tell me I will absolutely love the atmosphere.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get a bespoke white linen suit?

It’s hard to believe the Cybertruck isn’t just an elaborate joke. Although Tesla shareholders don’t seem to be seeing the funny side.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am enjoying the thought of these trucks hitting the street and making the collective south Florida brodozer community flip its ****. I’m talking about the coal rollers who deliberately park in EV charging spots just to **** with Tesla owners

Wait until they try and key the armored stainless steel doors and can't figure out why they can't gouge the paint!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Holy **** that truck is atrocious. Elon has to be trolling the fanbois.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always thought that the Tesla story would have some echoes of DeLorean in the long run. This makes that thought almost a joke..

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
This week in "Vader Drives Things"
I have something special for you. on loan while my car gets worked on by a friend. I Give you: The friends paint shop rental car. Pt 1.

A third gen Daihatsu Move.
PSX_20191123_231908.jpg

This example: First impressions? This thing smells like teen spirit. Cigarettes, sweat,Spilled drinks, eating in the car.Deodorants .. I gotta put the windows down.
DSC_3041.JPG

Column Auto? huh. cool. Shifts well. The steering wheel cover is Mickey Mouse. okay.
time to let this thing rip. Sounds like the jetson's car. woot woot.
The controls are all easy to access. and well thought out. this car is urban simplicity. perfected.
DSC_3036.JPG

Let's do a small tour.
DSC_3034.JPG

The front has a split bench seat. with an armrest that can be raised, to seat a 3rd person.
Designed to comfortably seat 4 Adults, it has 4 easily accessible Individual Cup Holders.
in the Dash up front, and in the door pockets for the rear.
DSC_3035.JPG

The Rear seat folds down. giving you enough space to put in 2 Bikes, or move house in multiple trips. Excellent.

Performance? With 58hp, and a CVT? it actually gets itself around. the gearing in it makes use of the power it has. and the car doesn't weigh much. so it's as fast as an AT 1980s Corolla. -not bad. but the best feature? It's AWD!!!!!!!!!!!!
This little econobox is a reliable winter shopping cart. And is what they do. shopping. work runs, day care. urban stuff.

I want to hate this thing. but i can't. The Wife has noticed. . :lookaround:
and she wants to drive it. to see what the deal is.
Do you remember being a kid, and sitting in a Cardboard Box. pretending to drive and making car noises? that's how this car feels.

So what's special about this one? I am going to Detail it. and give it some love.
paging @OtterMeanGreen we agreed to pick a rando to detail. and for Thriftmas?
I am going to clean up this car. as a gift for my friend. while he works on my car. for his customers. for his business. and for him, as he dailies it often.

pt 2 coming tomorrow.
with better pics. and a step by step cosmetic revival. budget? $50.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
the best of the memes is the one saying everyone drew the tesla truck in 3rd grade :lol:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Intermission:

Today the cosmetic Resto kicked off. first thing was to roll down all the windows, and spray the Ceiling with the strong fabric Cigarette smell remover. also the rear seats.
Then take it to wash the Carpets, and vaccum the interior. it got a little out of hand. . . .
DSC_3067.JPG

Deep pressure wash with Degreaser, Soap, and a high powered rinse.

DSC_3073.JPG

Blow out with the gasoline stand's Air hose.
DSC_3074.JPG

Tumble Dryer in the Coin Laundry. .

Washed the engine bay too. And added a new radiator cap. Thrifted NIB for $3.40.
DSC_3072.JPG

Also painted the inner wheel arches, and subframe mounts with black "Rustoleum" chassis paint.That i had in the shed. (pics in daylight).

More work ahead. Day 2 is when it will all come together.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was probably about six or so...

Copy%2Bof%2BArk-II.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads