• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There have been really terrible Mustangs in the past. This isn't desecrating anything.
Damn. Got me again. Making a shitty version of the Mustang is the same thing as turning it into a completely different genre of car. Because, you know, nobody else was making shitty versions of their cars in the 70’s.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure I am biased because these were the cars that looked "old" (but not "vintage") when I was starting to notice cars...but I have always thought these late 80's mustangs were ugly as shit:

4th gen were pretty ugly too (although the 1999 facelift was a big improvement).

5th generation looked pretty good and the 6th gen both looks good AND seems like a pretty good car in my experience.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Got me again. Making a shitty version of the Mustang is the same thing as turning it into a completely different genre of car. Because, you know, nobody else was making shitty versions of their cars in the 70’s.
1. Not everything is about you except maybe ricey 911s.
2. I'm not sure what other people making terrible cars in the 70s has to do with keeping the Mustang name to one genre of car.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been really terrible Mustangs in the past. This isn't desecrating anything.

Reactions: A Y

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents had a Mustang growing up. It was parked on our slight incline driveway and when I was <5 playing in it, I released the emergency brake and roll backward into our neighbors fence. That's one of the few things I can remember from when I was that young.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I am biased because these were the cars that looked "old" (but not "vintage") when I was starting to notice cars...but I have always thought these late 80's mustangs were ugly as shit:

View attachment 1282466
View attachment 1282469

4th gen were pretty ugly too (although the 1999 facelift was a big improvement).

5th generation looked pretty good and the 6th gen both looks good AND seems like a pretty good car in my experience.
Compared to the Mustang's of the late 70's when I was a kid...those 80's Mustangs really aren't that bad. Look at these abominations ...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno. #2 is an abomination and the paint on #4 is...not my style...but I think those are better looking than the 80s models. Paint the hood on #4 black and it looks alright.

I'd say it was just that I don't like the 80s at all based on them being the cars that looked old when I was a teen (born in 1986)...but stuff like the M3 or Audi Quattro still look pretty good to me, so maybe it is just 80s america that I hate.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno. #2 is an abomination and the paint on #4 is...not my style...but I think those are better looking than the 80s models. Paint the hood on #4 black and it looks alright.

I'd say it was just that I don't like the 80s at all based on them being the cars that looked old when I was a teen (born in 1986)...but stuff like the M3 or Audi Quattro still look pretty good to me, so maybe it is just 80s america that I hate.
Well, we will just have to agree to disagree...I hated the late 70's Mustangs...I think those are the worst looking Mustangs of all time. The 80's ones are far from perfect...but in my eyes they were a big improvement.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now Firebirds were legit. My wife had a Trans Am (not this one, photo for representative purposes only) as a teenager in St. Louis in the late 80s and it's a miracle she survived.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, if jaguar can call the i-pace an suv I’m fine with ford calling this a mustang.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.