• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

raneym305

Reaction score

My '48 Willys CJ2A. I picked this up while living in Huntington Beach for $500. It doesn't get driven much now up in Seattle, but it's alot of fun to bring out on sunny days.

My daily driver is a 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited. My wife drives a 2011 Toyota Corolla Sport.

I've also got a KTM 450 dual sport.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Common guys. Talk about cars or send each other private messages. No one cares about your little beefs.

+1

Enough of that **** in DT

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My '48 Willys CJ2A. I picked this up while living in Huntington Beach for $500. It doesn't get driven much now up in Seattle, but it's alot of fun to bring out on sunny days.
My daily driver is a 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited. My wife drives a 2011 Toyota Corolla Sport.
I've also got a KTM 450 dual sport.

this is great. an engine, a drivetrain, four wheels and a frame - yet we won a World War with the thing

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

WTF?! Shut up, both sound like idiots!!! Anyways, I am broke and been busting ****** for the past month riding down to Labor Ready working with crack heads and shaking my hairy ass for old men on web cams. Paid some debts, made a bit more... Anyways I am looking for a cheap car for when it's to far to commute by bike. Needs to fit a bike inside, have AC, run without immediate costly repair. Most important cheap to insure and economical, all for under $1,500.

Anyways, this is the top of the list:
1990 Geo Prizm 4-Door Hatch with a claimed just over 100,000 leaky sunroof and an inoperable A/C... Looks good and does not smell to bad. But I maybe able to get it for $750!

Weren't you trying to decide whether to buy a Bentley like, a month ago?

KurtS90

Reaction score
Weren't you trying to decide whether to buy a Bentley like, a month ago?

Yes... I want one and will own one someday. But it would have been stupid of me to buy, would empty out my investment/savings accounts. Luckily this forum pointed out what was an obvious stupid decision. It was also older then me and would probably cost a fortune to maintain, even with me doing all the work.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's a tough set of requirements. maybe a Jeep Cherokee, or an Acura Integra (it's a hatch, but not sure if it can fit a bike)? or get an E30 BMW and a bike rack...

raneym305

Reaction score

Yes... I want one and will own one someday. But it would have been stupid of me to buy, would empty out my investment/savings accounts. Luckily this forum pointed out what was an obvious stupid decision. It was also older then me and would probably cost a fortune to maintain, even with me doing all the work.

I've never met anyone who has to go to Labor Ready AND has an investment/savings account AND is legitimately looking into purchasing a Bentley.

It's tough to give advice to someone who isn't setting realistic guidelines when asking for advice.

Arthur PE

Reaction score

KurtS90

Reaction score
I've never met anyone who has to go to Labor Ready AND has an investment/savings account AND is legitimately looking into purchasing a Bentley.
It's tough to give advice to someone who isn't setting realistic guidelines when asking for advice.
Really? I have worked a decent job at some point in my life and what I consider an investment account is not very big... If you go back to the Bentley conversation, it was worth about $10,000. I could spend more then $1,500 on a car, but I don't see why when I only want/need a car for the weekend...

Last edited:

KurtS90

Reaction score
Thanks, I always forget about Autotrader for bottom of the market. Looks lovely and will check into it. I know Volvo's are reliable. But how are parts availability and cost? Are they easy to work on?
maybe a Volvo wagon
you might need to spend a bit more
don't let high mileage scare you off if they have been maintained, they run forever

close to you

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My car before I lifted it 3" (old man emu shocks and springs) installed detroit trutrack limitted slip diffs front and back and got tom woods custom double cardon prop shafts front and back. I also bought a brush bar and front and rear lamp guards. Also looking to get new tires thinking of getting 33" BFG ATAs or Goodyear Duratracs. I bought some OEM 18" "hurricane" rims for when I get tires. thinking of getting them powder coated dark grey? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads