• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
Arthur PE - just to remind you. This thread is called "Cars We Drive" no t"Post a bullshit chart nobody cares about"

how about the guy looking for a car to carry a bike for less than $1500
then had a follow-up question? which is what that post was in response to

Originally Posted by KurtS90

Thanks, I always forget about Autotrader for bottom of the market. Looks lovely and will check into it. I know Volvo's are reliable. But how are parts availability and cost? Are they easy to work on?

HE may care about it, after all he did ask the question

there are many posts about cars on here that no one drives
and who the hell cares what you want
don't read it, it's not like there is much valuable information being exchanged nor limited bandwidth

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Air Suspension was absolute crap lived with it for 2 years. By design it is too soft when in highway mode and too firm when in offroad mode. So instead of being a crap ride in both situations at least now my truck is only crap at one. Seems like you know a bit about rovers so I'm sure you've heard about the EAS buddy, designed by a fellow coloradan. That is because it failed *Everytime* I went up above 12,000 ft or temperatures went under -10˚ F. I'm aware that these aren't normal conditions, but being that I live in boulder and ski 30-40 days a season this was quite a big problem. I also fixed the gear ratios when I put in the new diffs so I haven't lost any power by increasing tire size. The only thing that Is worse about the truck is a slight drop in MPG. You wouldn't believe how great the traction is w/ the detroit trutracks, I havn't had the traction control go off since I put it in!

Btw this is my 3rd rover had a '88 and a '95 SWB all of them green.

Looks like all you needed to do was put on the Hurricanes and repair the air suspension. Sounds like you ruined a good truck :(

Last edited:

JuyLe

Reaction score

Saw one of those accelerating in front of me today in Hamburg. First time I saw one in real life, the V8 sounded awesome and it was really understated in grey.

Last edited:

Arthur PE

Reaction score

Saw one of those accelerating in front of me today in Hamburg. First time I saw one in real life, the V8 sounded awesome and it was really understated in grey.

what is that?
Opel?

I like the BMW Alpina next to it

Last edited:

Arthur PE

Reaction score
That's an Alfa Romeo Montreal
wink.gif

thanks, nice video

very few Alfa's sold here

Edgein

Reaction score
Looks like a decent restoration. That car was so ahead of it's time. Good to find an expert to restore, if needed. Dad, can I borrow the car?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Merc , really love the old interiors..

did this pass through here yet? The classics where awesome in so many ways, I just hope that a possible new one can live up to that..

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

HA!!!!! this really made me chuckle.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sad thing is:

I can afford:
997 Porsche GT2

I can't afford:
seemingly(?) expensive bicycle hobby
ugly ass rims for the sake of having ugly ass rims

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads