1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. suited

suited Senior member

I prefer the new ZR1.

[​IMG]

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yeah, it's a 13 year old car and parts are starting to reach the end of their life. The biggest components are still in excellent working order with no issues (drivetrain, chassis and body, major electrical) but other stuff just wears out.

The main issue is cost of components - for instance the last major repairs I did were to replace the brakes (rotors, lines and pads) and the O2 sensor and a couple of other sensors that I forget which ones. Total repair bill was about a grand including labor, and I thought I got a deal considering what I thought it would cost.

With that said, I actually doubt that performing the same repairs on a Honda or Toyota would be much cheaper, but I am not well informed on those marques

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. jet

jet Senior member

^I love paying employee cost on parts.

You should see his posts in other threads :lol:

That vette looks like they stole too many cues off the italia.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

My first thought was F12

5. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

^ Thats a bad thing?

That is maybe the first American car I would happily drive as a European. Mind you, the cost of fuel would cripple me in under a mile.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The outgoing corvette is surprisingly fuel efficient as long as you do mostly highway driving. The V8 loafs around at low rpms at those speeds

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

But apparently is a rattle trap after 9999 miles. :laugh:

8. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

When I first saw that picture I thought "Nissan GTR". For the back mostly.

It looks a bit busy, but it probably is going to be an excellent car.

9. jet

jet Senior member

:lol:

10. A Y

A Y Senior member

That's about what I pay too for a 2000 E46 328Ci. This year's starting out expensive though as the oil pan gasket has finally died (143k miles), and that requires dropping the front subframe to replace a $35 part. The diff mounts are gone, too, but those will wait for another day. I do my own brakes, and that does save a lot of money. And then there are the neverending list of tempting mods ... the most recent one is swapping in the M54B30 manifold for the stock one.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^ time to supercharge dat ho

12. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Even if it doesn't rattle like the previous generations, that interior is an embarrassment.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Par for the course with American muscle. I mean, look at the Viper until this new one...or that new Challenger...any Mustang...

Then again, I find Porsche interiors to often be rather plain and spartan. And we both agree on Rovers!

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Oh the one I drove in did (03ish). A dude I knew once called the corvette/camaro/firebird the 'prick extender'. If nothing, this thread proves it to the nth degree. No car has singularly labeled a late middle aged guy with a small penor and no taste simultaneously so well.

This goes out to the trolls:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f4/rattles-squeaks-48074/

Oh, here, sounds just like the small penor bed of middle aged trolls from this thread, juuuust like this but the difference? The bed stops after 30 seconds, the Corvette satisfies, it goes on and on (like trolls do -oops on the fora mind you):

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Come on. You listened. That sounds just like your bed doesn't it?

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You would be the expert on pricks and a Vette would sound like a car that would suit you perfectly. Sorry about your tiny dick.

1 person likes this.
  16. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Hmm, I actually like the RR full size interior quite a bit! :) The big problem with the Porsche interior are the base trim levels. The grain on the fake leather dash in my 911 reminded me of a cheap football.

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Note: I said late middle aged guy. The types that have weak comebacks when challenged and <20k posts.

I'm just 40 - barely stroking middle age. How old are the trolls in this thread, though?

My work is done, I've won. The troll will reply, but I won't. Bye troll! Enjoy your squeaky 30 second CorWithJet I mean Corvette.

30 seconds. 50+ years. <20k poasts. Who knew?

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

:laugh:

Oh, idiot thinks I own a Vette and that he's materially younger than I am. That's cute. Completely off base, but cute.

Please don't PM anymore like the whiny bitch you are. I'm tired of reading your sob story and don't give a fuck you think you're a special flower.

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think you guys should settle this by racing for pinks :nodding:

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

:laugh: