1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Nice! Did you eliminate the body trim? It looks like the trim holes have been filled.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

froggy - this is a nice one if you can talk the seller's price down a bit (and a thorough PPI checks out of course)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790418

that front air dam is atrocious, but you can remove and resell for a decent price, seeing that it's AC Schnitzer

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

that is a pretty nice car, but don't think it's worth it at that price point, assuming he goes down to $22-23K... which is doubtful anyway.

i haven't tracked the market for e46 m3s, but shouldn't one like that fetch around $20K? Maybe the LSB paint demands a higher premium? that is a damn fine color that the e46 pulls off very, very well :drool:.

e9Xs in LSB are fugs, imo.

hroi, ill buy your e90 for $30K, deal?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

30K Kuwaiti Dinars and you've got a deal :fistbump:

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

lmao it better be the CRT for that kinda dough!

also, if you drive an m3 in dubai, are you considered middle class?

6. A Y

A Y Senior member

FTFY. The only things that color at Laguna Seca are the portapotties.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Blasphemy. I think the E46 pulls it off very well.

8. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

Thanks. Filled the lower trim holes, but I am keeping the chrome trim. It´s just weird lights, the fillings are hard to spot. Never, ever, doing this kind of resto again. Shitload of work.

9. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I have a 1975 2002 that I'm plugging away on. I'm planning to remove all of the trim and fill the trim holes in the bodywork. I'm not going for a full restoration, but I want it to be a good, solid daily driver. We're making good progress. :)

10. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

Plans for the rain sills? I had the same plan about having a DD. Until. [​IMG]

This is after 30 mins of blasting. Must have used at least 1 sq mile of sheet metal on this car. Installed Bilstein Sports and the stiffest alpina springs. Stupid. Can barely turn, taking on roundabouts is not for the faint of heart. 3 wheels all the way.
    Love to see some pics of your 02 as well.

11. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Wow. I lucked out--mine is almost rust-free. California cars FTW, I guess.

I will find some pics and get them up.

12. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  13. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

That is one impressive engine bay. Are those Weber 45s? Not an original color, is it? Thought about getting the plastic bumpers, Like the look without bumpers, but the rear end looks kind of unfinished in my opinion. Really nice car though!

14. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Thanks! The carbs are actually Dell'ortos. I'm getting ready to swap them out for a Weber 38/38 downdraft--they're just too finicky for a daily-driven street car (that has to be maintained by me).

The color is Anthracite Gray, which was a one-year color (1975). I'm planning to go with more of a Steel Gray or something with a little more silver-blue in it.

The last picture shows the bumpers I have now. I was able to retro-fit the earlier chrome bumpers instead of the later-model "diving board" bumpers.

15. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Leaving the club this morning I found a blue/tan one parked next to me, freaking gorgeous.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

If you're restoring a 2002 it has to be done in gray or silver. It's a rule.

Nice car and hope to see the finished product :slayer:

cool story bro - we were in Palm Beach this afternoon and were forced to valet park the M3. I hung back a bit just to see if the valet might have trouble with the DCT. My wife, who knew exactly what I was going, said "if he was able to park those, don't you think he can figure out your little piece of shit?!"...

...as she pointed at a row of 3 458's and a F430 all neatly parked :lol:

17. jet

jet Senior member

18. spartanlax

spartanlax New Member

I don't know about any of the other non believers, but I drive a big ole' slice of gas guzzling America.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2002 Ford Explorer

19. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Great project car. I've been looking for a weekend toy (since I travel 4 days a week, anything I have is a weekend toy) and a co-worker's almost entirely non-functional 2002, a friend's Exige S or a relatively classic motorcycle have been on my mind. I'm having a hard time balancing how much I'd actually drive or ride them versus working on them and how they'd be different from my current car.

I'd go with Alpine White on the 2002 though if I restored it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  20. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

My small timer whip. It has several subtle changes from stock - Euro visors, driver's side keyhole cover, etc. and a modified version of Euro MDM and many low-level software re-maps. If I did anything else to the car, it'd be changing the front bumper with the Euro spec one with PDC - I think it's insanely tacky to get painted reflectors or get it filled in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    2 people like this.