1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Re-read this thread and pay attention to the BMW, specifically the M3 and the ZHP posts, realize these guys are pretty good guys vs. the usual douche driving an M3, and decide from there.

1 person likes this.
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ Looks great.

I did some Googling. Sounds like the E9x was one of the most reliable BMW's of that era, on par with the regular 3-series'. Interesting stuff.

This is the car in question:

[​IMG]

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

ZCP wheels and LCIs are a must -- nicely done.

Eibachs FTW! I'm lowered on Eibachs myself.

:slayer:

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The E92 M3 looks fantastic in Alpine White.

Deets on the car in question? Price? Previous owners?

Looks like it's been lowered. Any other mods?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  5. jet

jet Senior member

wtf are lci tail lights?

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Life Cycle Impulse -- i.e., the LED tail lights that came with '10+ models. The below image states they came starting in 2011, but that is incorrect.

[​IMG]

And for the E90s:

[​IMG]

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Fully loaded, not sure about mods though it looks lowered and has side mirror covers in the photo (hopefully OEM carbon).. carbon interior. Asking $39k which by Canadian standards is a great price given we barely have any inventory here and base 08's with higher mileage are on corner lots for $45k.

I've wanted a 997 forever but the deals that you guys have in the States are simply not available in Canada. 05's with IMS issues are going for nearly $50k. No thanks. M3 looks to be the right move.

8. jet

jet Senior member

i actually prefer the non led tails on e92

1 person likes this.
  9. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Senior member

What part of the country are you in, Bawlin?

I have to say, there are better values out there in E92s than an 08 with 60k at $39...

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Westcoast Canada. This one is as good as it gets. 45k on the odometer (miles; 70,000km).

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

all rook same. Hehehe.

MB did some stuff I really liked in the presentation and experience, ended up really liking the ML350 so we went with that. I didn't want to get something she would wind up disliking after a year or two.

12. Big A

Big A Senior member

Bought this one. Pick it up in a week. Jaguars are the least practical cars ever - high depreciation, questionable reliability, and yet I keep buying them
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Not much at all. Probably doesn't make sense getting the extended warranty since it is 6 years or 100,000 miles. But then again you might luck out and find out it was initially sold late in the season or even the next model year so you might get a year and change of (limited) coverage. That being said get ready to replace that waterpump in the next 10-15k miles. Those things fail like clockwork. Almost 400 beans for the pump and another 80 or so for the thermostat from Tischer.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

That's another part of the beauty of leasing. If you end up disliking it in a couple of years, well, it's almost time to hand the car back in. Congrats on the ML and I'm sure you guys will love it. Both of Mrs. Piob's were solid vehicles and she was not against going back. I just could not pass up the 40% savings vs. the F-sport and I also figure the MB guys were getting a little complacent as that would have made our fifth MB in a row. I want them on their toes for m upcoming GL renewal this year.

15. SkinnyGoomba

Thanks Pio, how do you like the GL.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

My reply to you is going to get me mocked (again).

I love my GL. It's simply the best all purpose vehicle I've had and this is my second one.

17. SkinnyGoomba

Driving a truck spoiled me, I got back into a car and hated it so next time I buy something for myself it will be truck-ish. GL is on my radar.

18. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I'd say questionable quality from what I've seen at least. I like the looks of the Jags, but the 1 year old XK that I looked at already had both door handles extremely loose and falling off on the inside.

19. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

2 series is up on bmwusa.com. The "M235i" naming convention is interesting. I understood why they did it with the 1 (the M1), but why not just name this one M2 or 235i? It's also interesting that the 2 series (also the 4) is taller than the 6 series despite being almost 20 inches shorter in overall length.

20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

The 1M was a true M-division car, whereas the M235i isn't, which is why it's not called the M2.

Not surprised about the height either to be honest. The 1-series had a obnoxiously high glasshouse and that design trait seemed to carry over to the 2-series.