• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right. I've been seeing numbers like CG posted for e46 Beamers. Only the super high mileage ones will dip below 8k.

The newest e46 sedan is 8 years old, probably closer to 9. Almost all of them will be high mileage
shrug.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
3 series tend to bottom out around that price for a long time. If they are significantly worn or beat to ****, maybe half that price. By the time the F30 is phased out, the E46's will all be broken and near death, and maybe $3k basketcase cars, the way many E36's are now.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 series tend to bottom out around that price for a long time. If they are significantly worn or beat to ****, maybe half that price. By the time the F30 is phased out, the E46's will all be broken and near death, and maybe $3k basketcase cars, the way many E36's are now.

Right. The e46 is 2 generations old now so the prices have been dropping like rocks, esp in the BMW heavy DC area.

I know what you mean about the e36, I'm looking to buy a 93-95 (traction control years) e36 325 for my son as his first car, M/T. Well either that or a jeep wrangler. I really want him to have a wrangler but the bimmer is cheaper and safer.

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing I hated about the E36 was the front grille. That thin strip that goes under the headlamps. And the corner lamps. Crappy design. Other than that they were great as long as it was a coupe/convertible, manual and had sport seats.

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did a 500 mile radius search from NYC for 330i and 330xi's between 1998 and 2006.

Criteria was under 100k miles and under $12k. 8 results. Not really a glut out there for decent mileage e46's at a reasonable price.

The best example is a 2002 330xi 5 speed manual with 80k miles for $10,330, which actually isn't a terrible deal.

I see a 2005 330i with 150k on the clock at $8500 and it's only listed as $202 below market value based on current listings and what has sold over the past. Not KBB or NADA bull crap.

I haven't tried trolling craigslist or ebay...but those prices I've seen are mega inflated imo.

/FCM

*edit* oops, just realized I was searching M/T only. If you do Autos as well you get some more options at slightly better prices. 2004 330i, A/T, 75k miles for just a hair under $10k.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping that they'll maybe take $10.5k cash for it. I missed out on this one from a local dealer last month, didn't have the cash at the time. Now I'm really kicking myself as it looks like it may have been a ZHP. Think there's any chance I could track down the buyer and see if he'd sell it to me for more than he paid?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping that they'll maybe take $10.5k cash for it. I missed out on this one from a local dealer last month, didn't have the cash at the time. Now I'm really kicking myself as it looks like it may have been a ZHP. Think there's any chance I could track down the buyer and see if he'd sell it to me for more than he paid?

It is a zhp. A little over 5k miles a year is freakishly low miles. Cars around here get driven a lot more

*rubbing salt in wound*

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing I hated about the E36 was the front grille. That thin strip that goes under the headlamps. And the corner lamps. Crappy design. Other than that they were great as long as it was a coupe/convertible, manual and had sport seats.

I hated that grey stuff that was on the lower part of the car. Looked nice with a fresh coat of armour all but horrible any other time. The troublesome wiring loom on the driver's side of the trunk would wear through teh insulation and cause problems. Mine went bad once and I couldn't close my trunk. And let's not talk about the rear shock towers when they went bad *CLUNK*. Or the plastic impeller waterpump that would die every 60k miles

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah I'm hoping that they'll maybe take $10.5k cash for it. I missed out on this one from a local dealer last month, didn't have the cash at the time. Now I'm really kicking myself as it looks like it may have been a ZHP. Think there's any chance I could track down the buyer and see if he'd sell it to me for more than he paid?

Have you checked out zhpmafia.com? Their prices tend to skew towards the higher side because these enthusiasts cherish their cars much more, but I'm sure you'll find something there too.

I seriously suggest you stick to getting a ZHP. You will not regret it.

Also, can you drive stick? Ditch the auto.

--

Just got back from test driving a 2010 M5 with SMG and this was the first time I've ever driven an SMG -- it ******* blows so ******* hard. It's clunky, jerky, and just all around terrible, terrible, terrible.

Totally ruins the car, IMO.

UGH.

BUT! The scream of the S85 is so :drool:. I NEED to have this car!!

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Deets on the one you test drove.

This bad boy right here:

http://www.bmwgallerynorwood.com/used/BMW/2010-BMW-M5-Norwood-8522420d0a0a0065018654ae0d93f387.htm

2010 Interlagos Blue (my favorite on the E60s) with Stage 3 Dinan upgrades. Not sure what the upgrades are, but it had some carbon fiber CAI, definitely an aftermarket exhaust, probably a tune, and I think some suspension upgrades.

The previous owner is apparently some very wealthy man who traded in the M5 and a 997 Turbo to get into an F10 M5. Not sure why he traded in the Porsche, as I'd have definitely kept it, but the guy is clearly an enthusiast and he took very good care of his vehicles.

God... the sound of the V10 is just.. I never had such a ****-eating grin from driving a car like that, EVER.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GF, that is one good looking M5. I love the color, and the engine note must be intoxicating. For a M5 enthusiast I'm sure it was hard to walk away from it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads