• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KurtS90

Reaction score
I see Jag has a F-Type vehicle on there site, under a cover. What is this car going to be, looks like small roadster? I can see this as something very interesting for me if it's an E-Type replacement... I just hope the styling is lovely with a bit of a classical feel.

Edit: Clicking on it, brings pics under camo. Looks like a baby XK...

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
calling it a "replacement" for the E-type is a bit of a stretch... they haven't exactly make the E-type in about 40 years...

finished car will probably look like this except in roadster form, concept cars nowadays leave nothing to the imagination anymore:

_59500036_59499877.jpg

KurtS90

Reaction score
Another car I am intrested in is a Ferrari F12, to bad it's out of reach... I would live in it!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're talking some serious money in changes for a beater. Thats a pretty nice car with very low miles. Maybe we define beater differently.
Yeah, looks to be more than a beater to me, too. That car looks good.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well, stretch of the word 'beater' -rather I should say 'second car that isn't too expensive' :eek: That car is about $10K, but unfortunately cars don't come much cheaper than that if you pay all the associated licensing and stuff. Parking would cost more per year than asking price, not even counting gas.
I really want one of those, I will get one someday when parking is less of a hassle. I guess they made a 2L six version 320i with that M-Tech II kit in Japan for the final year or two of production, they're all black/grey two-tone automatic cars I think. They're not exactly like the Italian 320iS with the S14, but they look like it from the outside at least. Just brought back some good memories of my old E30's.

I will probably have to get a wagon soon, my wife has a food business idea she wants to get serious about. I will probably go back and get one of those AMG wagons for a daily car soon. I still want to get a sports car this year, just gotta finish some other things I'm working on. Sucking up my money. :fu:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
One car I am pretty excited about though is the 6 Gran Coupe, after driving the 650i I can feel that the GC is gonna be stunning (for a 4 door) - certainly better than the new CLS. The proportions are probably gonna be really sexy on this thing IRL.

2013-BMW-M6-Gran-Coupé.jpg

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side Drew, I have been in love with the GC since they first showed it.

I was looking at cars earlier today and the 5/6/735d/40d bmw seems like a great option 18km/L and 0-100kph in 5,5 and they go for sub 100k€ with 20k on them.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One car I am pretty excited about though is the 6 Gran Coupe, after driving the 650i I can feel that the GC is gonna be stunning (for a 4 door) - certainly better than the new CLS. The proportions are probably gonna be really sexy on this thing IRL.
I was at the BMW dealership Wednesday seeking info about the car. The 640 is due here in July, but I'd be only interested in the 650, which hasn't been announced for the states, yet. The pics in the brochure they gave me look great, and have really piqued my interest.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you want the car to be all it can be, they will most certainly make an M6 GC version that will look like the M6 coupe they presented; it will probably be competitive with the Panamera Turbo, just looking at it. The 650i GC (which they'll definitely make for all markets, that 4.4 twin turbo has effortless acceleration) will probably end up taking the back seat like all the top-spec non-M BMWs do, and be the reasonably-priced near-super sedan. It wouldn't be really fast, but fast enough for the average non-sports car buyer. I am the kind of person to take the 2-3 year old used version of that on and enjoy it at half the price in the future :devil: I don't really have a reason to lease though, maybe you do.

The only thing better for them would be to make a 6-series Gran Coupe-derived shooting brake wagon with enough room to house at least a bit of cubic space but still look swept and cool, because the CLS wagon that is coming out is also really interesting. I told my wife that if her business dealings turn out well, she has to buy the CLS wagon for her business car.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The interior of the 640 GC looks amazing, and the BMW Individual option would make it really special. One of the reasons I'm not as excited about the CLS is that its interior even with the Designo option looks meh.

The M version of the GC should be really nice and fast, but it's probably more than a year away and I don't want to wait that long.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the white leather, is going to be a ***** to live with.

I really like the CLS and E63, but the leather choices baffles me. Why is it they don't offer caramel/saddle leather as a stock option, but you can get grey. :confused:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads