• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well my friend has a vantage at work (look pictures) and both me and him hates it. He will also trade it in for a DB9 like mine and he had it for 4 months only. So if you want a aston martin go for DB9, year 2005 +

The way you guys are chucking money around, I can almost guarantee one of you will end up penniless.

Dont take offense at my comment, but the vast majority of NBA players and NFL players end up bankrupt. They too believe the spicket would never run dry. There are 3 kids of bad rich: too easy, too young, and winning the lottery.

Your friend is an absolute idiot. To throw any car away after 4 months says that he took little effort in choosing what he wants to begin. And a car of that value? All the alarm bells are ringing for me: he doesn't value his money.

There is a big difference between getting rich and staying rich. Again no offense dude, but I wonder if the good times are going to last.

Last edited:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You are funny
smile.gif

Edit: We are talking about cars? Not how we spend our money.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ You are funny :)

Edit: We are talking about cars? Not how we spend our money.

Or how we spend our money on cars? Again, dont take it personally. I've just seen this before. You're a young guy, often times the feeling it will never end is very compelling.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could spec a Ferrari from new (yeah, maybe in like 20 more years) - I'd get dark Daytona bars on a lighter base, two tone dash for sure. Not sure the color combo, this is kinda wild:
0629cb6334_640.jpg
God damn...

Arthur PE

Reaction score
The way you guys are chucking money around, I can almost guarantee one of you will end up penniless.
Dont take offense at my comment, but the vast majority of NBA players and NFL players end up bankrupt. They too believe the spicket would never run dry. There are 3 kids of bad rich: too easy, too young, and winning the lottery.
Your friend is an absolute idiot. To throw any car away after 4 months says that he took little effort in choosing what he wants to begin. And a car of that value? All the alarm bells are ringing for me: he doesn't value his money.
There is a big difference between getting rich and staying rich. Again no offense dude, but I wonder if the good times are going to last.

this assumes what they say is true,a huge assumption on the internet

but I agree, it's not how much you make, but how you manage it
and taking huge depreciation hits every 4 months on luxury cars is not wise

I know more than a few who worked 'regular average wage jobs' and retired at 55 with a mil in the bank and a few properties
they had discipline and learned to tell themselves 'no', a lost art in our instant gratification society

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this assumes what they say is true,a huge assumption on the internet

but I agree, it's not how much you make, but how you manage it
and taking huge depreciation hits every 4 months on luxury cars is not wise

I know more than a few who worked 'regular average wage jobs' and retired at 55 with a mil in the bank and a few properties
they had discipline and learned to tell themselves 'no', a lost art in our instant gratification society

I believe him, and he doesnt sound like the one who is loose with money, it sounds like the other guy is. In any event, its a rare thing to have money at a young age and it can be very hard to curb impulses. Just saying if you have money young and turn 40 and have **** you'll look back and wish you were smarter.

I remember this guy I knew that was a lead singer in a band, he had a work accident and got a workmans comp payout of like 60k. For a year he was cabbing people everywhere, buying drinks, new clothes... for a year. 60k isnt a huge amount of money but it could have been a nest egg. Easy come, easy go.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well really guys, we are here to talk about cars? And you should be glad that i'm posting for you, no? I can stop if it enoys you all. I'm not here to get any tip of how I got money, how I should spend my money or how my life could be better.

It may be kind from you all, but I really dont need yours help in that matter thank you anyway. If we can go back to discuss cars I can answer you? But if you want to talk money you better open a new thread.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well really guys, we are here to talk about cars? And you should be glad that i'm posting for you, no? I can stop if it enoys you all. I'm not here to get any tip of how I got money, how I should spend my money or how my life could be better.

It may be kind from you all, but I really dont need yours help in that matter thank you anyway. If we can go back to discuss cars I can answer you? But if you want to talk money you better open a new thread.

**** ya... my piece is said, so lets see some more pics of that monster.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will do Mr! But as you know it's friday and my drinking comes first
happy.gif

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well my friend has a vantage at work (look pictures) and both me and him hates it. He will also trade it in for a DB9 like mine and he had it for 4 months only. So if you want a aston martin go for DB9, year 2005 +

Much diffrence in interior, how you sit, almost everything. It's a small car even the plain window is lower then DB9 (after a while it will be a very enoying car, trust me)

Can you be more specific what you hate about it? I mean if it is just because it's a small car I have a Z4 and I am perfectly happy with it.

I've been inside both and they didn't seem too small and the interior almost identical in looks. I mean can you tell which ones which?
dpitfp.jpg

35bebe0.jpg

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Much diffrence in interior, how you sit, almost everything. It's a small car even the plain window is lower then DB9 (after a while it will be a very enoying car, trust me)

could you tell me more about why he hates the Vantage? because I was kind of interested in buying one, although not any time soon.

or does he only hate it because it's not a DB9? :lol:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could you tell me more about why he hates the Vantage? because I was kind of interested in buying one, although not any time soon.
or does he only hate it because it's not a DB9?
lol8[1].gif

Well he dont think it's comfortable as a DB9 and the plain windows is lower so he need to take back his seat alot. I didn't say it's not a great car, but you can feel much diffrence when driving them both.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see - thanks for the info. I think the Vantage is perfect looking but you are right - it will never be as luxurious or perform better than DB9.

regarding Alfa Romeos, my dad has one, it's rubbish from a quality perspective and underpowered. but he loves it and would never give it up. cars really aren't a rational topic in my family :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads