• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone with experience with Alfa Romeo.... 159, giuletta, or brera?
ive read the reviews -- dont drive nearly as well as they look (gorgeous)
ive heard the notoriety -- they break down as all the italian cars seem wont to do

but real life ownership experience?

KurtS90

Reaction score
I posted about a late 80's Alfa Spider a month back I was trying to buy... Come to find out it had a rebuilt title the dealer failed to mention and had to get my deposit back. I can't say much about reliability. But it was a very fun and great driving car with a lovely sound. I will say the quality of the car all around felt better then my Triumph Spitfire. "Experts" said the car is a huge pos and I drove it like a $10 whore before rent is due... Never had any problems, but I maintained it well.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

anyone with experience with Alfa Romeo.... 159, giuletta, or brera?
ive read the reviews -- dont drive nearly as well as they look (gorgeous)
ive heard the notoriety -- they break down as all the italian cars seem wont to do
but real life ownership experience?

I have actually looked at the Mito and Giuletta multiple times, and from what I have been able to find out, they should be great cars.

The only let down was interior quality wasn't up to Golf standard and the TCT is rubbish.

Regarding the reliability I don't think there's any problems on new alfa, unlike the old ones and hopefully they wont depreciate like falling rocks, like the 147 etc. did.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
are you talking from the 159/Mito/Giuletta/Giulia onward in terms of resale? Did something big happen with this cars? I heard about some Audi intervention or something in the past that may have made them better cars (I can't remember where I got that info from though)... Alfa resale is all over the place over here, but the newer generation stuff is indeed holding value, especially the 159's that are getting old and should be losing value, but aren't.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Astons, interiors has been pretty consistent just like how their cars look. I am not sure when it started for the other Astons but for the Vantage, it started with the 2009 where they have the glass key you insert in the center console and also press it to start the engine. I am such a sucker cool **** like that, feels like I'm inside Voltron or something. That's why when I consider getting a used Vantage, it has to be 2009 or newer.

Well my friend has a vantage at work (look pictures) and both me and him hates it. He will also trade it in for a DB9 like mine and he had it for 4 months only. So if you want a aston martin go for DB9, year 2005 +

Much diffrence in interior, how you sit, almost everything. It's a small car even the plain window is lower then DB9 (after a while it will be a very enoying car, trust me)

But if you really want one, you can buy his? Just pm for more information.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are you talking from the 159/Mito/Giuletta/Giulia onward in terms of resale? Did something big happen with this cars? I heard about some Audi intervention or something in the past that may have made them better cars (I can't remember where I got that info from though)... Alfa resale is all over the place over here, but the newer generation stuff is indeed holding value, especially the 159's that are getting old and should be losing value, but aren't.

Yeah 156, 147 etc. dropped value like it wasn't even funny.

I doubt Audi has had something to do with Alfa, but they are owned by Fiat, who also owns Maserati, Ferrari and Chrysler/dodge etc., so it's more likely that some of the new fact quality comes from there.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But if you really want one, you can buy his? Just pm for more information.

I don't think the southern California need more Astons. :embar:

There's apparently no shortage of young swedes making big money.

Last edited:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the southern California need more Astons.
shog[1].gif

There's apparently no shortage of young swedes making big money.

I hope he dont buy a vantage for his own best
tongue.gif
Well he is 50 so he is not that young, lol. I'm probably the youngest guy at my work.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in Sweden you have alot of young great entrepreneurs that earn alot more then me in a younger age.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And in Sweden you have alot of young great entrepreneurs and earn alot more then me in a younger age.

Yeah I know, sometimes it's just a matter of luck, a good idea and a bank who wants to play ball.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Makes me wanna throw my years of education :happy:

Don't it's hard work, very hard work, to get anything to be a success, also you are pretty much at the will of other people bank managers etc.

I forgot the most important thing network.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't it's hard work, very hard work, to get anything to be a success, also you are pretty much at the will of other people bank managers etc.
I forgot the most important thing network.
Well I work at a Investment company so my life is pretty hard to
shog[1].gif
I used to work in a bank but that was to boring.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well I work at a Investment company so my life is pretty hard to 
shog%5B1%5D.gif
 I used to work in a bank but that was to boring.

You have a steady pay check, coming every last bank day of the month, entrepreneurs don't.

There's no guarantee that what ever you start up will be a success, so you could end up throwing a couple million in to a black hole.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a steady pay check, coming every last bank day of the month, entrepreneurs don't.
There's no guarantee that what ever you start up will be a success, so you could end up throwing a couple million in to a black hole.
True that and seen that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads