Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I have seriously begun thinking about it (again) I live about 30km a way from where Sir F lives, to different countries and there's a bridge, so it take 40 minutes to get there.

The exact same car would be about 80k in Sweden and the insurance would be payable.

2. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

I know my friend has a quattroporte. He paid $15,000 cash (car is worth maybe $60, 000)

Then he pays $500 for the car every month and $250 every month for insurance, a total of: $750 every month to have that car. He has a normal job so here anybody can almost have a nice car if they have a OK job.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this will get old after a while. in my case, a very short while

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I know about the bridge and stuff, so the prices in Sweden for cars are basically normal (about the same as here in Japan) , Denmark is not, what about Finland and Norway?

5. impolyt_one

I dunno, back when I was a teenager I had a BMW 318iS and a Honda Civic hatchback that I drove single-cam for a while before I put a B18C into it; both were immensely fun to drive for the sheer thrill of just caning on them and not getting into too much trouble. They don't rev fast enough, they don't brake fast enough stock, but there's nothing new that you can really lay into like that and not end up in jail for. I miss that sometimes.

6. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Driving a slow car fast is more fun then driving a fast car slow.

7. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

But a fast car is much more fun to drive hmm...... FAST [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

8. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Well speed limit in the states is 75 at most and state collectors are patrolling hard these days.

9. impolyt_one

there's seriously nowhere within 30-50 miles of my home (that's like 2-3 hours of driving to get out of the maze) where I could top 60 or 70mph. I could get a Ferrari and probably dissolve about 150 sets of Japanese panties in that time, but I'd never get out of second gear.

10. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Ye US is maybe more hard. I drive much to germany so it's almost all autobahn for me :) just pushing it to the limit.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Swedish prices are the same as Germany etc. Norway is almost the same as Denmark and I have no clue about Finland.

A fairly fast car with a decent drive can hit 60mph, on almost any 30mph street. :embar:

So so true, I love driving small city cars round town, never leave first and second gear and rev the shit out of them. :laugh:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

12. impolyt_one

That's what most people do around here if they have a car that can do it, and they're mostly pricks with Transition lenses and faux rock star clothes. Japan is a very weird place. They do buy nice cars though.

13. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

They sure are,
    [​IMG]

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

There is no facepalm that is as embarrasing as this. If your family had not taken care of your other tickets, I'd bet you'd pay more attention.

BTW, what are these rolling speed traps you speak of?

I tend not to have much respect for people busting the limit too much in a city. Lots of stuff can happen, and you can't catch it all.

~ H

15. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Our state highway money collectors troll the air with a Cessna (how they calculate speed is beyond me) then usually have unmarked Chargers and Crown Victorias pull you over. I guess this is a rolling speed trap?