• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know my friend has a quattroporte. He paid $15,000 cash (car is worth maybe $60, 000)

Then he pays $500 for the car every month and $250 every month for insurance, a total of: $750 every month to have that car. He has a normal job so here anybody can almost have a nice car if they have a OK job.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm 30 and I'm looking forward to having a slightly more reasonable insurance premium. My teens and early 20's were not good points-wise. Lately though, I want to buy a little shitbox like a 600cc Japanese car or a VW Polo GTi, maybe a Fiat 500 and just wring it around. Something way under 100 horses with a manual ****** that you absolutely cane at every green light, a Mini Cooper S would be too powerful in this case. That sounds more fun to me right now than getting the 500hp bruiser car. :eek: I might get both if I can find some reduced price mini-size parking spot, and hopefully my insurance premiums will benefit.

this will get old after a while. in my case, a very short while

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have seriously begun thinking about it (again) I live about 30km a way from where Sir F lives, to different countries and there's a bridge, so it take 40 minutes to get there.
The exact same car would be about 80k in Sweden and the insurance would be payable.

I know about the bridge and stuff, so the prices in Sweden for cars are basically normal (about the same as here in Japan) , Denmark is not, what about Finland and Norway?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

this will get old after a while. in my case, a very short while

I dunno, back when I was a teenager I had a BMW 318iS and a Honda Civic hatchback that I drove single-cam for a while before I put a B18C into it; both were immensely fun to drive for the sheer thrill of just caning on them and not getting into too much trouble. They don't rev fast enough, they don't brake fast enough stock, but there's nothing new that you can really lay into like that and not end up in jail for. I miss that sometimes.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving a slow car fast is more fun then driving a fast car slow.

But a fast car is much more fun to drive hmm...... FAST
happy.gif

Last edited:

KurtS90

Reaction score
Well speed limit in the states is 75 at most and state collectors are patrolling hard these days.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
there's seriously nowhere within 30-50 miles of my home (that's like 2-3 hours of driving to get out of the maze) where I could top 60 or 70mph. I could get a Ferrari and probably dissolve about 150 sets of Japanese panties in that time, but I'd never get out of second gear.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well speed limit in the states is 75 at most and state collectors are patrolling hard these days.

Ye US is maybe more hard. I drive much to germany so it's almost all autobahn for me :) just pushing it to the limit.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know about the bridge and stuff, so the prices in Sweden for cars are basically normal (about the same as here in Japan) , Denmark is not, what about Finland and Norway?

Swedish prices are the same as Germany etc. Norway is almost the same as Denmark and I have no clue about Finland.

there's seriously nowhere within 30-50 miles of my home (that's like 2-3 hours of driving to get out of the maze) where I could top 60 or 70mph. I could get a Ferrari and probably dissolve about 150 sets of Japanese panties in that time, but I'd never get out of second gear.

A fairly fast car with a decent drive can hit 60mph, on almost any 30mph street. :embar:

Driving a slow car fast is more fun then driving a fast car slow.

So so true, I love driving small city cars round town, never leave first and second gear and rev the **** out of them. :laugh:

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

A fairly fast car with a decent drive can hit 60mph, on almost any 30mph street. :embar:

That's what most people do around here if they have a car that can do it, and they're mostly pricks with Transition lenses and faux rock star clothes. Japan is a very weird place. They do buy nice cars though.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Valentine 1, but I kind of ignored it.

There is no facepalm that is as embarrasing as this. If your family had not taken care of your other tickets, I'd bet you'd pay more attention.

BTW, what are these rolling speed traps you speak of?

A fairly fast car with a decent drive can hit 60mph, on almost any 30mph street.
shog[1].gif

I tend not to have much respect for people busting the limit too much in a city. Lots of stuff can happen, and you can't catch it all.

~ H

KurtS90

Reaction score
Our state highway money collectors troll the air with a Cessna (how they calculate speed is beyond me) then usually have unmarked Chargers and Crown Victorias pull you over. I guess this is a rolling speed trap?

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
Any of you guys watch Wheeler Dealers? I'm watching this episode on youtube where they work on a E30 touring, I think that thing is a very worthy lust object. It's infuriating how much I want one now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads