• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are amazing. Depends on if you are into high tech or just raw fun. As mentioned the 959 had AWD, hollow magnesium wheels, adjustable suspension, and parts of the body were made of kevlar. But I always thought it was really cool that it had a bullet proof front windshield, because engineers were concerned that if traveling 190+ mph a rock could go through the windshield and injure/kill the driver or the passenger. I've seen 959s, but I don't know anyone that has driven one. Still I remember road tests of the day saying the 959 was so perfect that it was nearly boring to drive compared to the F40. Most reviews back in the day thought the F40 while sparse was a blast to drive. I've only met one person that has driven an F40 and he had been in the auto industry for many years and driven lots of great cars. He said the F40 was the most fun on 4 wheels that he had ever experienced. I really love both, but if you can only have one, I gotta go with the F40.

Interesting!! I had not known that. I only drove one from my detail bay to the tow truck that took it back to the owner. I never had the 959 on my bedroom wall but I did have an F40 poster I bought with lunch money from the Scholastic book sale at my grammar school.

An oldie but a goodie. A 10 year younger OMG

E368180C-A9CD-4986-BCFF-E6776B7BED3F.jpeg

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New one for me... have an appointment for service tomorrow on my S5 sportback. They called this morning to confirm and also to ask if i wanted to turn in my car and start a new lease tomorrow. (My lease is up in July)

i was curious because this is super convenient and then I could save the money on maintenance so i heard the rep out.

their initial offer was a little high but not crazy. I told them what i was willing to pay and that i would sign tomorrow. They are gonna get back to me.

Curious to see how this plays out.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super easy. Signed on for a new car... they didnt have the color i wanted in stock so need to wait a week or two until next shipment comes in, but all in all seamless. No pressure. Only had to do one round of “here is our offer” and my “i am only paying this but will sign today” retort and we have a deal.

That being said, nothing leases quite as well as the volvo :hide:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super easy. Signed on for a new car... they didnt have the color i wanted in stock so need to wait a week or two until next shipment comes in, but all in all seamless. No pressure. Only had to do one round of “here is our offer” and my “i am only paying this but will sign today” retort and we have a deal.

That being said, nothing leases quite as well as the volvo :hide:
Goddamnit. Can we just change this thread to “Volvo’s we recommend”?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2021 update :

View attachment 1541516
The Corolla is the top selling vehicle in FL? I don’t even remember seeing them on the road (maybe that’s the point)

Interesting that both Civic and Accord made the list but Corolla does and Camary doesn't? Must be all the uber bias my view but I feel like in manhattan all I see is Camary

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i thought current cop car is dodge charger? And I think I still see undercover rolling around in crown victoria...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics