• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm rarely this jealous. Was it as awesome as I imagine?

It was pretty awesome. There were two Taxis running that day, and the track had just shut down for almost an hour because someone put a motorbike into a guardrail, and they had to clean that up. It didn't look good because there were medical people moving around when the bike came back in pieces on the back of a truck. We also found out that when you caused a track closure, not only do you have to pay for the damage you caused to the facilities, but you also have to compensate the track for the lost time!

Anyway, Sabine was driving one of the cars and another Ring instructor (who happened to be a police officer for his day job) was driving the other. We timed ourselves in the line so we'd get Sabine, and my friend was kind enough to let me ride shotgun. They normally take 3 people per car, but we only had two of us in the car. BTW, you can sometimes show up without a reservation, and hop onto someone else's ride by offering to pay for the empty seat. It was pretty expensive (EU180), so most people are happy to split the rides.

As we headed out, I asked Sabine about the various cars we saw on the track (lots and lots of Z4s, as well as R8s for some reason, and the usual herd of 911s) and what she liked. She didn't like the R8, and her favorite car at the time was a C6 Z06! I think if the ZR1 had been available then, she would have picked that.

It was like being a minor celebrity because everyone knows her, and knows when she's driving, so there were lots of pictures taken and fans yelling her name as she queued up to go out. She gave us a messy lap in the best sense of the word --- I think she must have drifted sideways through more than half the turns on the track. Especially when there was a big crowd around a corner, she'd put the car into a lurid drift (and to my meager skills, they all felt unrecoverable) after which the crowd would cheer. Anyway, there was a lot of laughing and fun in the car, and I would highly recommend it. The track itself is stupidly awesome in a way that can't be communicated except by direct experience. There is really nothing like it. And to have someone drive you around it like it's Play-Doh in her hands, that's next-level.

listening to this vid with multiple M3's flying by at WOT brings back incredibly fond memories of M School...i gotta sign up for the Advanced M class at VIR before the year is over.

The sound is also my favorite part of the video. Combine that with the smell of hot brake pads ... heaven.

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, A, I really enjoyed reading that!

Getting drifted around the Nurburgring by Sabine sounds like the best of all possible worlds.

You also get best use of 'lurid' in a sentence....

Tatano

Reaction score
It's great to see how many different cars people on here drive.

I drive a BMW 1 series M coupe, or 1M for short. It's by far the funnest car I've ever had/driven. Doesn't hurt that it was a limited run and has kind of become an instant classic!

Kuki

Reaction score
Saw an e24 m6 today, the first one I've ever seen and it looks pretty good I must say.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bought this a week ago

Sweet.

I love Vipers. I've owned a Gen 3 since 2004. It's a great car, but I've always thought that the Gen 2 Coupe was the best looking Viper ever, and one of the best looking American cars of the last 3 decades.

(and I think I've got those same wheels on my car. SSR Comp H, right?)

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I doubt it, but could be wrong. Porsche has very little that is standard, they nickle and dime you to death for every little add-on.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, that it explains why I saw some idiot riding round, in his bosses Cayenne S the other day, using an iPhone as navigation.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need to decide either Cadillac CTS 3.6L Direct Injection Sedan or Infiniti G37 Sedan.

I was gonna go straight to Caddy but Japanese cars hold most of the value than American car and steering feel is much better than Caddy.

I have to go 4 door because I gotta help my grandparents to do grocery shopping once or twice a month.

Caddy's design looks better to me but resale value, horsepower and torque is bit lower than G37(spec wise)

Any suggestion or recommendation would be deeply appreciated.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would get the G37, but it's a bit long in the tooth. They will come out with a new one (not necessarily better looking, lol) very soon I think, seems like the current G has been out forever.

hrb

Reaction score

saw these beauties today
BPque.jpg

was this in Van? Haven't seen a Buggi here yet.

Also had a first sighting of a Fisker Karma. They're stunners.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would get the G37, but it's a bit long in the tooth. They will come out with a new one (not necessarily better looking, lol) very soon I think, seems like the current G has been out forever.
+1. The G has much better build quality and handling.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

no, was in a small city near toronto. Fiskers are nice looking, but apparently they are not very reliable. One of the first ones in Canada was in Toronto and within weeks it was in the shop (a buddy of mine works in the only shop that handles Fisker in our area).

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I saw a Karma about a week ago. Mind-numbingly beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads