Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Yeah the Panamera is a big boat and I'm still not sold on it, but I like it more and more every time I see one and I would consider buying one, if I was looking for something big and fast and I couldn't find a S-class, 7XX or a QP.

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

the drive of the Panamera is ridiculously fun. if its looks are growing on you before driving, once you're in one you'll love it.

3. A Y

A Y Senior member

I attended a BMW club driving school at Laguna Seca last month:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

It's a Porsche Cayman, and this is from the corkscrew to the front straight, which is pretty much my favorite section of the track. As you can tell, it was raining pretty hard, but Laguna has pretty good drainage in most places, and there was a little correction on the exit of 11. :)

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I was looking at the Panamera on Saturday. It's growing on me, but very slowly.

5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

This does not look very fast? Looks like a Sunday drive to me. I always liked the Cayman and Boxter none the less.

~Kurt

Edit: I try to edit the video out, can't seem to... Giving up heading out the door...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. hrb

hrb Senior member

Their proportions and aesthetic for a four door "coupe" are far superior than anything else i've seen (Pan, Merc, Aston, QP) and they have a tonne of visual impact and presence. Nothing to do with the environmental side of things. Of course, all in the eye of the beholder.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't get me wrong, the Fisker doesn't look bad, it just isn't as impressive after the "wow" factor of seeing a rare car has worn off. For some reason, it reminds me of a fish.

On the other hand, damn Porsche and their electronic steering but damn the Boxster does look nice. Can't wait to see and test drive the Cayman.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Lol fish do you know what Fisker means?

It's the danish word for fisherman/fishing.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I can honestly say I did not know that so I guess they accomplished their mission. :lol:

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The Boxster does look nice. Thinking about it, it's not gonna get me a 500hp club membership card, but the size and the maneuverability would be perfect here and I think I like the idea of having a roadster.

11. A Y

A Y Senior member

That's because the driving is so smooth! :lol: It is raining, and the car was on the edge of traction most of the time.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you decide on which car you want yet?

13. impolyt_one

Nah. I am going to America next week and then I will come back and probably go on a few more travels later through the summer, maybe not really settling in til fall. If we need a car for errands, we can borrow my sister in-law's SC430 because she has 2 cars and lives in Tokyo too. There's no use in having a car and letting the reg'o run out, or pay for parking for it to just sit there if I'm gone. Both are a matter of hundreds or thousands of dollars at a time. Gotta be around and driving the car if I have it in Japan.

I kinda like the M5 idea still and they get cheaper by the day, but if anything goes down in Iran, loooool. Trying not to think about it for now, just seeing if anything grabs me and really feels right.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Speaking of traveling, where can I contact you Drew to ask for tips/places to visit in Japan? I might be headed there sometime this year, any suggestions on what time of the year is a good time to visit weather-wise? I read that May is good since it's the start of spring or something, rather get first hand experience from people who lives there.

15. impolyt_one

Start a thread or bump up the Japan threak in SL,F,D forum - and don't go in the first week of May, as it's Golden Week and everything will be shut down for the entire 7 days.