• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cool colors, this one really caught my attention. This example just sold for over $1.3 million

Now this is quite a mouthful:

ferrari 1.PNG

ferrari.jpg

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AZ18/Arizona/lots/r246-2017-ferrari-f12tdf/625401

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Revenue Enhancement Patrol"...I like that. I hear what you're saying. In fact at my tenure with Ferrari, our brand ambassadors would only push Rosso Corsa (Red) & Nero (Black), because they would be the easiest to move when the owners traded them back in. Most times they would outright deny the customer if they wanted another color. Can you believe that nonsense? There're plenty of stock Yellow Ferrari's that I love (namely Daytona & F50), only they aren't my favorite or preferred choice, as it makes it harder to see the Scuderia Shields on the side of the fenders, and nothing accentuates them quite like the reds.

Well, there was a reason Rosso Corsa was referred to as "Resale red." Yes, red and black have been their most popular colors for decades. Back in the 1980's I read that something like 80+% of Ferraris leaving the factory were red, about 10-15% were black, and and then the rest were other colors. Another former dealer employee once said, that when he worked at a Ferrari dealer red was the most desirable color for a dealership not only because it was the easiest to sell, but also because if you did have the client who wanted a car in an "Off color" like Prugnia, Marrone, Azzuro, etc, red was the easiest to trade with a dealer that already had that color (obviously, that dealer would be thrilled to unload the off color in exchange for a red one). Although, today a lot of people like the original odd colors since there are so few, that it separates their car from a sea of red cars at Fcar events.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, i’m looking to buy CPO, exactly because of McLaren depreciation. Porsche GT i’m willing to buy new, as well as Lamborghini and Ferrari. But for a 570s i’d rather let someone take the $40k hit in the first year. And it will be even more for the 570S once everyone trades up to the 600LT.

Regarding Ferraris, as cliche as it has gotten, i still feel my first Ferrari would have to be in red. While possibly making an exception for Tour de France blue

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have to go with green, because orange is my least favorite color. Also, between all the orange Lambos, GT3s, and Lotuses I've seen in recent years I find it sort of tiresome at this point.

Orange is the worst color.

There's only one color to get any car and that is black.

correct

I don't know about any of you guys but I am growing tired of loud colors such as orange, green, purple, etc. It's different for say a Ferrari because the Rosso Corsa is classic color which pays tribute to the heritage of the company. Yellow is borderline too much, but if done right (wheel choice) can be elegant and livable. If it were me and I was actually considering a Mclaren 570, I would want to pay tribute to the McLaren F1, which was featured prominently in many posters, magazines, and reviews in Grey/Silver. Sure the louder colors soon followed, like Orange or Yellow, but for some reason that Grey/Silver always brings me right back to when I first fell in love with Gordon Murray's creation.

So this is the color I would pick. It's cool enough to make me smile each time I look at it, and has a kind of interesting understatement to it, that I think will age much better then your Green or Orange. Reminds me of a F-35 Fighter Jet. Color: Chicane Grey

https://www.mclarenboston.com/2017-mclaren-570s-c-50.htm

View attachment 1146197

that shade of gray has been the color du jour for awhile starting with the audi tt, now you see civics, ford focus and all sorts of other mundane cars with that color

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reactions: A Y

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol why would they pick the deathtrappiest car of its generation to build a 9-second drag car from

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol why would they pick the deathtrappiest car of its generation to build a 9-second drag car from

I totally forgot about that trait...deathtrap. Not only did my English teach have one that flipped over on her, but so did my Aunt. Both were ok though, but those things tip over as good as any 3 wheeler ATV.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there such a thing as a 9-second car that can do a wheelie that's not a deathtrap?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a 9-second car that can do a wheelie that's not a deathtrap?
I totally forgot about that trait...deathtrap. Not only did my English teach have one that flipped over on her, but so did my Aunt. Both were ok though, but those things tip over as good as any 3 wheeler ATV.
Story time - I used to temp for this law firm that the large SoCal firms used to subcontract work to. So this isn’t low man on the totem pole business...this is the low man on the totem pole having his own totem pole, and i was the low man on that totem pole.

Anyway, our client repped the class action against Suzuki for people killed and injured in Tracker and Samurai rollovers. My role in the case was to make copies of the police and hospital records of the plaintiffs, so each attorney had a bound copy.

It was fun stuff. A decent amount of ejections, and partial (meaning body parts but not the full body) ejections. If you rolled the soft top model, there was a decent chance you would end up decapitated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads