1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

There are car guys with all kinds of tastes, and it's not a money thing. But if a guy can have and enjoy exclusively expensive cars. But parks a Mini and a VW Bus outside his house?

That's a Car Guy.
    Welcome to the most varied, opulent, and humorous car club in the world. :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. Thrift Vader

Merry Thriftmas. From Japanland.
    [​IMG]
    May all the barnfinds be sweet, parts arrive on time, and the Driving be fun. :)

6 people like this.
  3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

That VW van is cool as shit with a certain quirky/geek chic factor. If I were trying to pick up girls, I'd rock the "ice cream bus" everywhere I could. It's a definite conversation starter with girls. Cars like 911's, GT3's and whatnot are more for the hardcore car people which usually tend to be men.

1 person likes this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haha, this is still one of my favorite cars.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Cars like Porsches, Ferraris and other high end sports cars generally attract young guys, not women. Not once have I ever had a woman ask me about our fun cars...but guys will often ask about them when stopped at gas stations.

6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Chicks love Wranglers more than they love 911s.

3 people like this.
  7. jet

jet Senior member

rubicon if you want to pick up chicks

8. porschefan

porschefan Active Member

I'm a Petrolhead. I love driving cars that are worthy of being so. I respect and admire the car industry, it’s creators and mentors, so I do not facilitate the level of demand that I place on my choices.

I prefer not to have, rather than to have what does not fill my measures.

Currently, I own a few Classics, Ferraris, Porsches ofc and a few others....

I hope with your help to get to know a bit more of your automotive world and simultaneously allowing ourselves moments of great automotive pleasure.

It takes a petrolhead to understand another petrolhead. [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

I'll warn you rightoff...I tend to poast a lot of $1500 Broncos.

3 people like this.
  10. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

The g/f saw this pic and said, "Me encanta. I could drive this every day"

2 people like this.
  11. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

I love the size, looks, and dimensions of the old air cooled 911s. The newer cars 991s/997s are great to drive (had a lot of fun recently spending part of the day on a track with a new 991.2 S, ...but there is something about the air cooled 911s that really captures my heart!

12. porschefan

porschefan Active Member

Thank you.

I once had a girl walking up to me and saying "Cool Infinity !!!".

It was a Porsche GT3 RS.

1 person likes this.
  13. porschefan

porschefan Active Member

I didn't knew there was a contest going on. [​IMG]

14. Thrift Vader

My world? Is Turbo powered. Cars that pull G's in a straight line. And in the corners.
    why do i drive the Yellow Monster. And not a Skyline or Supra? - 4 door Dadmobile.
    But to know more of the scene in my hood? Watch these vids when you have some time on a nice chair with a drink.

This Movie was made an hour from my house. It is on my turf. And you can see a healthy mix of Cars, both clean and utilitarian. Along with neat Cultural stuff. And some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
    [VIDEO] [/VIDEO]
    You can see that local car peeps are super friendly. There is so much variety. Great part of the world to be a car guy.
    And in this Vid? You can see what the drag racing looks like in Heaven. :satisfied:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    I know a couple of these cars. And they are FAST. Really diverse here. Show cars, Euro's, vintage, Drift, Circuit,Drag, Street Racing. My car is Street. But can hang at a show, or on the strip. Being a car guy makes life wonderful. :)

Latina G/f that likes cars??!!!! =Winning at the whole Dating thing. . :worship:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  15. Rumpelstiltskin

If I could only have 1 Porsche it would be a 911 from the 1980s

16. Rumpelstiltskin

I saw this earlier this afternoon

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Back in the mid 90's when I was in school, a friend of mine saw a red convertible parked on the street, and said, "Wow, the Mustang has come a long way!" I said, "That's because its a Ferrari." To which my friend replied, "Oh, that would explain it."

It was a Ferrari 348 Spyder.

I can certainly appreciate that. I wish I had my Dad's 1987 930 Turbo (Black on red) which he purchased brand new back in the day.

An acquaintance has a few TR6s. He recently sold at least one to fund the refurbishment (I won't call it a restoration as he is not going that far) of a neglected 1981 Porsche 911SC that he bought about 2 years ago.

2 people like this.
  18. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

If I were to shop a wrangler, I think I'd be hunting something like this
    [​IMG]

19. Thrift Vader

Anyone else feel like a Wrangler is a mailbox on springs when inside it?

Really like them though. :embar:

-would also like to see more of the car scene around you guys. Pics, vids. Tell us about it. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  20. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

My parents had a Wrangler when I was in high school and college, and girls liked it...but it was sort of a tin can on wheels. My Dad was driving it and it got hit on the back corner and it flipped onto its side...so the fire department cut the roof open to get him out). Other than that the Wrangler was sort of fun, and back in the day I was just happy to drive - regardless of what the vehicle was or where I was going!!!

As for seeing more of the car scene...are you speaking to the guy who posted the Wrangler photo or everyone in general?