• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina double monk GMTO

Aerostat

Reaction score
If Skoak won't do it for the old price I may have a lead on someone who will. I don't want to out the vendor so I'll PM @LTDL with the info.

LTDL

Reaction score
Meermin is utter crap. I have two pairs from them, it is a mix of bad finish, poor quality and bad design. However, I concede you that their pictures look usually fine.

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin is utter crap. I have two pairs from them, it is a mix of bad finish, poor quality and bad design. However, I concede you that their pictures look usually fine.
how did they compare to other entry level makers like loake?

decumulate

Reaction score
The price will be $500 at Skoak, definitively. Skoak raised their prices last week and confirmed that they will not honor last weeks prices. They mentioned that they've highlighted the pending price increase for awhile. I've also checked at other sources and the $500 price seems on par with all Carmina prices for Double Monks now (prices raised to ~$450 for other shoes). Aerostat - want to check with your other lead?

Last edited:

PapaRankin

Reaction score
Guys, are we still doing this GTMO? I have a lead who will do it for €338 ex VAT (~$375).Price includes shipping and will require 50% deposit. Let me know if anyone is interested in going that route. It's significantly lower than Skoak's.

sarteaga

Reaction score
IF brown museum, captor and old price I'm in.

Colrais

Reaction score
I tried on these very shoes in brown calf at the trunk show last weekend. Captoe or no, at this price I am in.

That makes five of us so far:
sarteaga
Aerostat
threeleggeddog (decumulate)
PapaRankin
myself

Last edited:

Redacted

Reaction score
I'm interested - I can go either way with the captoe. What's the current status?

PapaRankin

Reaction score
Looks like we have 6 people to start the GMTO. Can you please confirm your sizes ? You will receive a link to the GMTO organizer for the 50% deposit after I forward him the details.

sarteaga -
Aerostat -
threeleggeddog (decumulate) -
PapaRankin - size 10.5UK
Redacted -
Colrais -

Shoe Details:

Carmina 80250 Double Monks - Inca last
Brown Museum Calf
Leather Sole
Silver buckles
Natural Lining

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads