• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Tacky--and I'm not talking about their neckties.

When I was in 2nd grade, my mom didn't want to have to buy me both sneakers and dress shoes for school and other occasions, so she made the decision to buy me shiny black dress shoes and figured it would suffice for recess and lunch-time play on the asphalt play ground. I wore these shiny black dress shoes with my blue corduroy pants and white shirt uniform, and one of my classmates declared that I looked tacky. I don't think I heard that term before then, but I knew exactly what he meant. I never wore those shoes to school again. That kind of tacky?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kabbaz
For now, a web site with no address and no telephone isn't exactly the best way to foster renewed confidence in a formerly failed business. Hopefully that will change in the near future. For now, let's not turn this thread into a rehash of old wounds or it will be shut down. Give them a chance to get on their feet.
he expects people with legitimate grievances to shut up after the guy finally shows up? what a crock of ****.
Originally Posted by kabbaz
No matter what problems the firm has experienced, Carlo Franco ties are some of the most well-made ever to have been available on the market.
that forum definitely needs a
ffffuuuu.gif

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by R-H
Oh, and please make sure to update your location information. IT IS NOT A REQUEST!
ffffuuuu.gif

At least 4 other posters on the thread don't have location information. I wish I could resist going there but it is just too much of a freak show to ignore.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility that Andy and Alex have a financial interest in CF's new business?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does carlo franco post over here?

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978

Undoubtedly, if only to keep tabs on Eric Glennie.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Is there a possibility that Andy and Alex have a financial interest in CF's new business?

Would anyone be that stupid? But it is possible that they are owed money and this might be the only way to recover something.

jmark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I have no dog in this fight but will respond to you because I love your avatar
inlove.gif

I don't see how you can "make things right" when you have taken people's money for a product, do not deliver the product and do not communicate for almost a year. So if they come back now, give ties to the people that paid for them, everything is OK
confused.gif

There seems to be this acceptance now of fraud on these fora, by buyers and sellers, as if it's not a big deal. Those that were around when everything went down know the lies that were told and the lies that are currently being told on AAAC. Not to get all Moo, but where I'm from stealing and lying and then coming back with an excuse an a smile on your face led to a punch to said face (not advocating any violence against anyone). But if people want to buy from them,go ahead, I'm sure thus time will be different. I would love to purchase one of those repp/sperm numbers they did, maybe get one fir iammatt's birthday.

I don't have a dog in this fight either, and can understand how you feel. People who were done wrong have every right to say, "WTF, you gotta lotta nerve showin' yer face round these parts."
And I'm not saying that finally delivering the products will now make everything OK. They pissed off a lot of people.
I don't know what they'll do to make amends, but if they do make an attempt, at least they're trying.
Better to come back (sincerely and full-heartedly,) and say, "sorry, we f'ed up, how can we make it up to you?" than to remain a dirty bastard forever, no? Whether the victims accept is another issue, but coming forward is the right thing to do.

jmark

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69

Anything is possible. I doubt it though. Andy's a stand-up guy and tries to keep an open mind. They both try to keep the invective out of the forum discussions. The Carlo Franco issue has created some hateful comments on both forums. I think they're trying to avoid all that hatred from starting up again.

On the other hand, I do not like Alex's authoritarian manner. He needs to tone that down. Hopefully, Andy will nicely mention something to him about his role as a moderator. I think good moderators are like officials in the NFL - they need to control the situation but let the players play.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
At least 4 other posters on the thread don't have location information. I wish I could resist going there but it is just too much of a freak show to ignore.

Why are you keeping your location a secret?
smile.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978

He used to post as Carlo but hasn't posted in quite some time.

Love this post from 2007

Even better

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carlo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uhmmmmmmmmm..... I think I'd be upset if the corporation had to forfeit 99% of it's wealth if I had that company's stock in my 401K

How about taking the guilty execs out in the parking lot at the next stockholder meeting and let every stockholder qive them one whack on the rear with a wooden ruler per share of stock and then distributing THEIR shares to the other stockholders?

...Me? I'm into creative alternative punishment regimens

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm it was his suggestion......................

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
he expects people with legitimate grievances to shut up after the guy finally shows up? what a crock of ****.
Originally Posted by kabbaz No matter what problems the firm has experienced, Carlo Franco ties are some of the most well-made ever to have been available on the market.
that forum definitely needs a
ffffuuuu.gif

I have find there exist a contrary thing this same person have speak:
Fault of the fabric. Yes - avoid basketweaves ... or consider them disposable. Sames goes for the vast majority of the weaves Carlo Franco ties are made from. Overly heavy. Overly shiny. Overly delicate and snag-prone. Overly underwhelming.
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=18 This make a big confusion! Now I not write nothing more to this topic for respect the request from m@T to me on page more early of this threak
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads