• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
That should be quite simple. R E F U N D $ O W E D.

Sure... that's a requirement. If his goal is to relaunch his business, he must address the liabilities of the previous Carlo Franco. He should have a business plan and it should include capital for the outstanding liabilities of the previous business entity. If he does not have a record of who he owes money to, he should communicate with the potential claimants and work out settlement terms, i.e. proof of purchase, proof of non-delivery, settlement with refund, and a free tie to compensate for pain and suffering. All of that is a lot of work. That's why I question the wisdom of relaunching Carlo Franco under its current brand name. I question his business acumen if he believes this is the best strategy to launch a new internet business.

redtree00

Reaction score
Looks like Jill and Chuck have responded on AAAC.

Should I hold my breath to see when they will show up here ?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmark
Why wouldn't he want to try again?
Sure he has a lot of work to do, but if he wants to make things right and has a chance, I think he should give it a shot.

jmark

I have no dog in this fight but will respond to you because I love your avatar
inlove.gif

I don't see how you can "make things right" when you have taken people's money for a product, do not deliver the product and do not communicate for almost a year. So if they come back now, give ties to the people that paid for them, everything is OK
confused.gif

There seems to be this acceptance now of fraud on these fora, by buyers and sellers, as if it's not a big deal. Those that were around when everything went down know the lies that were told and the lies that are currently being told on AAAC. Not to get all Moo, but where I'm from stealing and lying and then coming back with an excuse an a smile on your face led to a punch to said face (not advocating any violence against anyone). But if people want to buy from them,go ahead, I'm sure thus time will be different. I would love to purchase one of those repp/sperm numbers they did, maybe get one fir iammatt's birthday.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-posted from AAAC (by me):

I'm frankly amazed about all of this hoopla about the return of Carlo Franco and the ties. There are NUMEROUS brands that offer ties that are nicer and better made. Why purchase from a company with a horrible track record and, as apparent from the business owners themselves, fail to devote most, if not all, their entire efforts into tie making. Granted, I don't know all about them, but they don't strike me with any expertise that will rival the likes of Drakes, Charvet, Kiton, Marinella, Matuozzo, Sam Hober, etc. Those are the businesses I want to support, and provide the confidence with respect to their craft. Not some fly-by-night operation.

Misplaced fascination at work on these fora.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley

I'm frankly amazed about all of this hoopla about the return of Carlo Franco and the ties. There are NUMEROUS brands that offer ties that are nicer and better made. Why purchase from a company with a horrible track record and, as apparent from the business owners themselves, fail to devote most, if not all, their entire efforts into tie making. Granted, I don't know all about them, but they don't strike me with any expertise that will rival the likes of Drakes, Charvet, Kiton, Marinella, Matuozzo, Sam Hober, etc. Those are the businesses I want to support, and provide the confidence with respect to their craft. Not some fly-by-night operation.

i agree with you hundred percent. i bought from sam hober and FIHties and they are both on top of their game in professionalism and customer service. i would buy from them again.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlo Franco @ AAAC
Hello, All. Yes, my wife Jill has some time off and has put the website back up and is working through resolving some old business items. There are some good questions from folks on the thread that I will address. 1. We shuttered the business a few years ago. We did so after a period where we had an unfortunate confluence of supplier failures and employee issues at a time when we were forced to turn over the day to day operations to others while dealing with an illness and death in the family. I know there are some outstanding issues that Jill and I have discussed and decided we really wanted to address so she's contacted or will contact all of our previous customers and those with an issue can reply to her for resolution. That isn't to say that I am uninterested, Jill has some time off right now to focus on it and get it wrapped up while I do not due to a very full work and travel calendar. 2. We left the forum prior to shuttering the business for other reasons. Andy and the mods are aware of the back story there. I've been asked several times about it and I have replied to individuals by saying that sometimes it is better to leave by quietly closing the door and walking away. I don't really plan on rehashing it, Andy is a dear friend and I have no issues with him. I have no ill will toward anyone else for that matter. Those who know the back story will, I believe, acknowledge that not causing any forum drama was the right call. I never much cared for forum drama and have no wish to cause any. 3. I get a lot of calls from friends and customers about whether or not we will start the business up again and do new collections in the future. The honest answer is that I don't know. We loved it, I think we made a terrific product and I miss the creative side of the business. One thing Jill and I discovered was that we are absolutely horrific at managing a handful of employees. We had some things happen that were outside of our control and some others that were within our control that we dealt with poorly. Ironically, we manage large projects with lots of people for a living and do well at it. We didn't have the same success managing $10-20/hr employees. In any case, at the time we were dealing with the second death of a parent in a short time, selling three homes and in short, we relied on others to run things and it was a disaster. I offer no excuse there, some asked what happened, that's what happened. We thought outstanding issues had been resolved, they weren't. Jill is working on getting that cleaned up. If we do go back into producing ties at some point we'll focus on the things we enjoyed and have some talent for on the production side and use a professional third party fulfillment vendor to handle that side of the business rather than dealing with the workforce challenges we had once our business outgrew our ability to manage it effectively. 4. I'm not planning to rejoin the forum as a vendor or doing any selling. I am addressing these questions here and won't come back to publicly argue details or defend anything. If there are folks who would like to try a tie but are leery, let Jill know and she'll ship prior to payment on your honor. I probably will rejoin anonymously with Andy's permission as just a member who enjoys discussing menswear. I enjoyed that, and many members, immensely. I'd love to hear from old friends on facebook. Business matters can be dealt with by replying to the email you got. Jill is working to get all of that resolved. I'll be quite busy through Q1 and will stay out of the way to prevent any bottlenecks. "When things settle down" took longer than expected. I hope all of you are doing well and having a wonderful holiday season. We're doing fine and unfortunately for Jill (and others as Jan pointed out) the oncologist says that it is now a certainty that she'll be settling for life with me instead of the vacation home and Maserati the life insurance would have provided her. We're celebrating our third anniversary in January and are doing great. My latest scans are all clear, I'm focused entirely on staying healthy and taking care of my family and enjoying every day through a rather different set of eyes these days. Best Regards and have a safe, happy and polyester free 2010 CF. __________________ http://www.carlofranco.com Handmade Seven Fold Ties
peepwall[1].gif

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe people might actually be considering giving them any money after what has happened with their site.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

Give me an fing break.
baldy[1].gif

jcriswel

Reaction score

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't you get banned for such speech on AAAC?

R-H

Reaction score
Maybe. I'm going to check now if that is the case.

Oh, and please make sure to update your location information. IT IS NOT A REQUEST!
ffffuuuu.gif

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by R-H
Oh, and please make sure to update your location information. IT IS NOT A REQUEST!
ffffuuuu.gif

WOW! I saw that post too. Make you wonder what's in it for him to bend over backward to defend CF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads