• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capital E

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
has anyone seen those levis capital E stacked skinny jeans in person? from what i can see on the levis website they look pretty awesome but im wondering if anyone has seen them in person.

nmulax

Reaction score
What are the "stacked" jeans?

I actually went up to the Levi's store today and picked up a pair of Capital E jeans. I got the Strummer fit (low, slim, straight leg) in the dry denim. The sales girl was able to use the 30% off discount that BigSur shared with us, even though it ended yesterday; so I picked them up for $97.

I tried on a pair of APC New Standards a few weeks ago and I prefer the Levi's. The fit is great (the rise on the APC's were too high for my liking), and although they're still stiff (since they're dry), they're a lot more comfortable then the APC's.

I think they're going to be a good choice for my first venture into the realm of dry denim.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Is there a difference between "Capital E" and "premium"?

I thought Cap E was a new line...whereas the Strummer has been around for a while as a "Levi's Premium" (btw, that is a great jean, I've been <this> close to getting a pair myself for the past year but am always strayed by some other purchase)

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Premium became Capital E, emphasis on think
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Is there a difference between "Capital E" and "premium"?

I thought Cap E was a new line...whereas the Strummer has been around for a while as a "Levi's Premium" (btw, that is a great jean, I've been <this> close to getting a pair myself for the past year but am always strayed by some other purchase)

Cap E = Premium!

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmulax
I actually went up to the Levi's store today and picked up a pair of Capital E jeans. I got the Strummer fit (low, slim, straight leg) in the dry denim.

What inseam did you get, and how did they actually measure? I've looked at rigid Levis before, but they usually only have my waist at length 32.

nmulax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
What inseam did you get, and how did they actually measure? I've looked at rigid Levis before, but they usually only have my waist at length 32.

I got a pair of 32x34. The actual inseam is just under 35".
Where are you looking at the rigid Levi's? If it's a Levi's store, I would think they'd order you whatever size you need. If they don't fit, tell them you're not going to buy them.

The girl said the Capital E dry denim wouldn't shrink like the shrink-to-fit, so not to worry about sizing up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since the jeans have a zip fly, I'm thinking they're sanforized denim (wouldn't a zip fly get distorted on shrink-to-fit jeans?).

Ahaz

Reaction score
I'm generally just checking out www.levisstore.com. I thought zipper = sanforized too, but that might have been proven false recently.

I was under the impression that rigid Levis were just like any other dry denim - they'll shrink lengthwise mainly. Of course, I never see any longer inseams coupled with small waists online, so maybe that's not true. Maybe they're like a one wash?

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
I could swear that the Cap E line (this years premiums) has a different denim source than before. It feels like a much lighter weight and feels a lot more "slubby" than the old premiums. Seems like a 10 oz compared to maybe a 13 or 14 oz from before. I don't think the levis store i went to had true rigids in. I tried some very dark skinners, but they were pretty soft and didnt have the "rigid" tag, but maybe I was distracted by the stiffness of some LVC 47 raws.

I think the shrink to fit and LVC stf are the only unsanfordized, the rest shouldnt shrink more than an inch.

kapay

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing the stacked skinny's at the SF Union Square location. Weird. I'm pretty sure the Skinner's and the Strummers are there but I don't recall the 501's, Offenders, or Amblers, though they used to carry the 501's.

married2denim

Reaction score
They look so good after only 1 month of wear. I'll post a pick. I think the finish color is named Golden Haze. They looked amazing in the store with the subtle gold color underneath the inidigo.
I want a pair of the stacked skinny too. They look awesome on.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I was just thinking today how great the stacked skinny jeans looked. Great, great picture on the website.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
I was just thinking today how great the stacked skinny jeans looked. Great, great picture on the website.
Yeah, seconded, but I remember trying on the skinner's at the levi store and being far from impressed as to how they looked on me.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, seconded, but I remember trying on the skinner's at the levi store and being far from impressed as to how they looked on me.

I have a pair of Skinners and I really like them. Although the flare is pretty goddamn huge on them. I'm thinking about having a tailor bring it in a tad so it's more of a traditional, subtle bootcut. Especially because I have small-ish feet and big flares are out this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads