• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada - dress shoes - advice

edca

Reaction score
This is my first post gents so if I breach any etiquette, please let me know. Also, I still do not know shoe technical jargon so please forgive me for describing them as best I can.

I'm having a miserable time trying to find shoes in Canada. I've discovered that the style of shoe I like has a very particular toe and soul i.e. thin souls, that do not stick out beyond the leather of the shoe, and a long, pointed but rounded toe. The bes reference I can give is Finsbury, Loding, or Emling shoes. I own a pair of Finsburys which I like very much. My problem is getting more pairs.

To order a pair of Emlings for example, would cost double the price of the shoe to import to Canada. Are they worth double their sale value? I'm not sure.

If anyone has any thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Your three options, living in Canada, are:

1. Pay heavily over-inflated and over-taxed prices on goods that are locally available
2. Find things online
3. Travel with an empty suitcase.

I used to do #2 but now find that #3 not only saves money on rash purchases which should never have been made, but also results in a superior fit.

edca

Reaction score
Makes sense. Thanks for the advice. For the time being then, I shall make one rash purchase online as I need a good pair of shoes immediately, and the next time I travel I'll take an empty suitcase.

Many thanks again for the quick response.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads