• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone ask Lobb a Q for me please?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone please ask a question for me, next time they visit a John Lobb store? I would call them myself, but I'm working overseas and very difficult to call the USA during their business hours.

Q: Does Lobb still make the Stafford model captoe shoe? Can they be ordered by calling the store (regular black calf), or are they out of production? I'm assuming they are $1580 plus shipping, if still available?

Thanks a million!! It's between the Stafford (if still around) or the Edward Green Gladstone from skyvalet. I'm just more certain of the size I need in Lobb, not 100% sure on edward greens and would have to hope for the best if I ordered a 10E (888 last).

This girl would really want you to help me in my quest. She would likely love you long time if she found out you had been willing to help me get answers to my Lobb questions
smile.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The last time I visited Lobb in New York I asked about phone orders. I was told that if they have your card on file from a previous in-store purchase, then they would take orders but otherwise, no. This seemed odd to me, but I guess they're concerned about scams.

However, I've had luck locating Lobb's through NM in Scottsdale, AZ. Bill B. has found whatever I needed and is more than willing to take a phone order.

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Could someone please ask a question for me, next time they visit a John Lobb store? I would call them myself, but I'm working overseas and very difficult to call the USA during their business hours.

Q: Does Lobb still make the Stafford model captoe shoe? Can they be ordered by calling the store (regular black calf), or are they out of production? I'm assuming they are $1580 plus shipping, if still available?

Thanks a million!! It's between the Stafford (if still around) or the Edward Green Gladstone from skyvalet. I'm just more certain of the size I need in Lobb, not 100% sure on edward greens and would have to hope for the best if I ordered a 10E (888 last).

This girl would really want you to help me in my quest. She would likely love you long time if she found out you had been willing to help me get answers to my Lobb questions
smile.gif

You are one "Dirty, Filthy, Lucky Dog"...
plain.gif

Is she yours??
inlove.gif

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The last time I visited Lobb in New York I asked about phone orders. I was told that if they have your card on file from a previous in-store purchase, then they would take orders but otherwise, no. This seemed odd to me, but I guess they're concerned about scams.

However, I've had luck locating Lobb's through NM in Scottsdale, AZ. Bill B. has found whatever I needed and is more than willing to take a phone order.

But NM only has select Lobb shoes.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see the Stafford on the current production list so I'm assuming it was discontinued.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've ordered trees over the phone before from the NYC store, and pretty sure I could talk them into shipping the shoes to me if they have them (I'm a 9.5E in Lobbs)

Anyone in NYC think they can help me get the question answered? Any possibility someone might make a call for me if you're in eastern timezone?

c'mon, someone help a guy out!

This man judges you....harshly.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone? Stafford still in production? Help a guy out? Perhaps a new yorker that plans to pass by the Lobb store on their next trip to Barneys?

pledge

Reaction score
Anyone? Stafford still in production? Help a guy out? Perhaps a new yorker that plans to pass by the Lobb store on their next trip to Barneys?

The Staffords are no longer in production. When I inquired, I was told that they would have to be done as a special order.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pledge--

Thanks very much-- really appreciate you checking into this for me! Wonder if they charge extra for a special order like that? I imagine so, don't think i can justify more than retail Lobbs; I think I might be going with the edward greens instead. If I could just find my black polishing bandana.....
laugh.gif

pledge

Reaction score
pledge--

Thanks very much-- really appreciate you checking into this for me! Wonder if they charge extra for a special order like that? I imagine so, don't think i can justify more than retail Lobbs; I think I might be going with the edward greens instead. If I could just find my black polishing bandana.....
laugh.gif

No problem. I was interested in the same model a while back. It's a beautiful shoe. Unless you are a "regular" customer, they will almost certainly charge you a 15-20% upcharge for MTO, although who knows in this economic environment. You may also want to check out the Langton or Becketts; somewhat similar styling, and they definitely are still in production.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads