• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camden New Jersey Question

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
So, I have a hearing in federal court in Camden, New Jersey in a few weeks.

Never been.

Anyone have any thoughts on nice hotels near the federal courthouse (or should I stay across the river in Philly?).. and decent restaurants as well.

Thanks for any input!

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, Camden is a total shithole, stay outside of it as much as you can... don't walk around there alone

Secondly, philadelphia is rather close, you should probably stay there, or outside of Camden in the Cherry hill area.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leave immediately after court and go to Cherry Hill, which is reasonably decent.

There are more guns then texas, so bring a few.

theincumbent

Reaction score
I agree with the above.

I recommend looking for hotels in the Old City area of Philadelphia, I prefer
the Omni Hotel, Independence Park. That will allow you easy access to 76/the bridge to
Camden (assuming you will have a rental.)

Stay on Mickle Blvd (?)and get directly to the highway. Straying a block or two farther than that
central area is not a good idea.

lilcram

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay in Newark

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay out of Camden as much as possible. Try to stay in a group during the day and don't wander off. A while back Camden had one of the highest murder rates in the United States.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Jersey out-of-stater. Hope you enjoy your stay.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Visiting Camden is like entering the wrong classroom in highschool, which happens to be the special classroom. You're inclined to stay and observe, but you're mostly just
uhoh.gif

uhoh.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The few (like 2) blocks immediately surrounding the Federal Courthouse are the safest in Camden. Cith Hall is there, as is the Rutgers campus. That being said, you will say WTF, and your mind will boggle at the thought of what the 'bad' areas are like. Stay in Cherry Hill (10 minutes east on Rte 70/38), or Philly (Old City/ Society Hill are good and easterly). Take a cab or the High Speedline.....

Don't know if it's still around, but Panorama(?) is/was a nice restaurant in Old City

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh P.S. people jump out in front of your car in attempt to sue you for hitting them, luckily you wont have to pay for legal counsel.

Some of the hotels in Old City are pretty sweet, I believe i stayed at the Hilton last time i stayed over in Philly. Good stuff.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far Gents.

Any good Asian places in Philly or Cherry Hill?... Dim Sum? Pho?

Cigar bars?

Places where morally bankrupt, attractive women hang?

samblau

Reaction score
I have been to two concerts in Camden, and asked my local philly friends and the parking lot attendant why we should pay $10 to park when there was ample street parking. They laughed at me in unison for about $5 minutes.

Philly has a Chinatown, not sure how great it is, but I have had excellent Pho and Korean BBQ that was CHEAP in recent years. Philly is not like NYC, a lot of driving and these places were in inner city strip malls. If you want really high-end, the first Morrimoto to open is in Philly. I have heard from friends that it is excellent, but obviously pricey.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pho is good from Washington Ave not, Chinatown .

In Pennsauken 5 mins from Camden is, Moore Brothers wine store the same as, on E 20th in, Manhattan .

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna

+1

Pho on Washington Ave around 5th or 6th street is great. I believe Pho Ha is the name of my usual Pho place.

I would absolutely stay in Philly. Old City and Society Hill are good options, but Camden is easily accessible from anywhere in Center City. Cherry Hill is a fine area, but it is just typical suburbia. Strip mall after strip mall. If you're looking for good distractions after the trial is over, I'd absolutely recommend staying in Philly.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna

In Pennsauken 5 mins from Camden is, Moore Brothers wine store the same as, on E 20th in, Manhattan .

Vaclav - for Chinatown I only drank, from Ray's the upside-down coffee, but Vietnamese I, too remember on Washington (near the Italians). As all things will go, full circle, the Moore Bros. began, at the Triangle liquor store in, dirty Camden. Do you, wear the fleece for a chill?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads