• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cable/dish/etc help

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
So I have about 4 LCD tv's and a projector in the house. the only tv I do not mind having a box for is the projector, as it has the recievers and so forth.

all the other tv's are currently mounted on the walls, and have the cables hidden behind the walls, so it is a "floating" tv. They can NOT take boxes because i would have no where to put it.

I am wanting to quit my cable, any solutions? I thought about getting all the boxes down stairs, and getting RF remotes, but 3 floors and a RF remote doesn't work well.

TIA

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are the cable boxes right now? Why not a nice looking media cabinet under each TV to store the cable box?

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Where are the cable boxes right now? Why not a nice looking media cabinet under each TV to store the cable box?

they do not have boxes, they are just plugged in, cox cable offers the basic channels nbc, abc, cbs, and fox in HD for free.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
i would like to have the boxes downstairs in the media closet I already have. here is why I do not want some type of cabinet or anything to hold the boxes.
suedewall.jpg

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need corwn moldings much more than you need cable. Seriously, crown molding will improve your love-life.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
You need corwn moldings much more than you need cable. Seriously, crown molding will improve your love-life.

great input for my tv problem.

I am not sure why they did not continue the crown molding, but for now I am alright w/o it.

DMcG

Reaction score
I'm confused. You want to quit your cable but you want to add boxes. Do you definitely want to go to satellite? If your LCD TVs are cable card compatible that would be the easiest solution if what you want is more channels and you aren't set on getting rid of cable.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are systems that pass IR over Cat5 LAN cables. But that means you'll have to put in runs of Cat5 if they aren't already in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads