1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

C & Y Custom Tailors Washington DC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rdawson808, Jun 29, 2006.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I had sleeves shortened, shoulders brought in (I think), pants' waist brought in, and chest brought in for $130. Anyway, my point is that I don't recall the details, but it was a full job and worth it. Fields the Younger was conscientious of my pricing challenges and gamely brought up cost for the more expensive aspects, thus sparing me from having to do it myself.

He's worth the trip from Annapolis. Treat yourself to a day in civilization! [​IMG]

That price seems really good. If we move to DC this'll help. Thanks Mentos.

bob

2. Mentos

Mentos Senior member

I believe that the typical turnaround is a week, but I'm not sure--Fields the Younger was going on vacation the day after I visited, so it took something like two or three weeks. It's not bad, at any rate.

I love Annapolis, by the way (didn't want to come off the wrong way on that [​IMG] )

3. weiyung

weiyung Member

I took my suits to get tailored at "Best Tailors" in Fairfax, VA.

they did a really good job, they do bespoke as well, but not sure what their pricing was.

for suit jackets, I believe it's a flat rate of $75

4. fashion chic

fashion chic New Member

i always use c&y tailors. i use them for alterations and used them for several custom made suits. i also heard that madeline albright went there to get some suits made for herself! the place is small but the guy there does beautiful work. he's been there for over 20 years and i've been going there for as long he's been there. i would definely recommend!

5. fashion chic

fashion chic New Member

i always use c&y tailors. i use them for alterations and used them for several custom made suits. i also heard that madeline albright went there to get some suits made for herself! the place is small but the guy there does beautiful work. he's been there for over 20 years and i've been going there for as long he's been there. i would definely recommend!