• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying a Duffel Coat

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had originally posted this in the eBay thread, but now realize that that was probably the wrong venue. So, reposted in MC.

I have a trip to somewhere that is REALLY cold coming up in December, and want to get a nice wool duffel toggle coat. I really liked the one Slewfoot posted in WAYWRN yesterday - it's a BB.

Been browsing teh Bay, but nothing strikes me as too interesting.

Here is the one that got away - I waited too long to make an offer on it, and it's gone - would've been perfect.

This is probably my front runner - same as Slewfoot's, but charcoal. Would prefer navy.

This is probably my second runner - again, would prefer navy and not sure if it's a wool mix (already inquired - no answer yet).

This looks pretty good, but is probably a wool mix. Frankly, I don't know if I care that much ... should I?

Thoughts / Suggestions? Also open to offers if you have something you are looking to sell - PM away.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if you like the one that Slewfoot wore, and know that it's a Brooks Brothers, why not just buy that one?

Are you cheap?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greg if you are a 44, there is STP http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...t-For-Men.html 30% dealflyer coupon from a few days ago still works. I am seeing $210 total. Super easy returns if you do not like. I have no problem with a poly blend for winter outerwear. It's not having polyester in your dress shirt. I don't think I'd pay $400 more to step up to 100% wool.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Press has one, made in England (not sure by whom) and there's a 25% off coupon right now. Makes it around $550.

STP used to have gloveralls, which will be cheaper (and perhaps they make Press' version?).

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too am a fan of the BB one. I plan to get it in the Camel color during their Winter Clearance if it's available! If not, its probably best I stop spending anymore money..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads